• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair rm750e anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netmask

So my HX 750 died after lots of years and that RM750e makes everything else in the market look like just a more expensive option with not many more offerings. So the pros are great modularity, extremely well priced, 7 years warranty etc. Since it looks like too good to be true is there a catch I'm missing? Anyone got hands on it or has an in depth review?

I'm sure it will do fine no doubts about that, but 80$ for that unit sounds kinda crazy. Makes me reallllllyyyy curious about how that cost is kept so low.

I'm sure it will do fine no doubts about that, but 80$ for that unit sounds kinda crazy. Makes me reallllllyyyy curious about how that cost is kept so low.
7 year warranty vs 10 on 'high-end' units. I don't know, but googling around says it has lower quality caps and it may have been a CS750 and relabled. I mean, the price seems right/good deal for a middling 750W gold unit but nothing extraordinary (They seem to be around $90-110 for comparables). :)

So clever corsair cut a few corners, 3 years off warranty and swapped some Japanese caps with the Taiwanese equivalents to do me a favour damn it... These guys made my day.

Prices are pretty stupid. I was going to recommend Deepcool as even their mid-series have good caps, quiet fans, and a long warranty ... but everything is for around $100. The difference between 750W and 850W is $3-5 (looking at Newegg). Most 80+ Bronze series are for around $80, and Gold with good caps start from around $100.
Cheaper but good brands are Deepcool and FSP. I tested multiple PSUs from both brands, and all were great. It's just a matter of finding them in stores at a low enough price ...
Thermaltake seems to have a good series at a reasonable price, too.

Back