• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tanith

Registered
please can anyone help on this?

i am on the brink of upgrading memory/cpu/psu, but (once again) experiencing problems with my 6800gt. it has never been right, but still does well on most games (except bf2 stutter and crashing in doom3), i have been told it may be +12v rail on my current psu being only 16a?

i played F.E.A.R demo today with max everything and it runs smooth until then the moniter turns off...pc still running though. that leaves it to be a graphics problem (6800gt) it does this in most games with high shaders. it has its own seperate power connection which solved previous artifacts i had, stock speeds, latest drivers, no conflicts, rivatuner, open gl drivers, the lot 55*c core temp (nothing high) and my system is following:

550watt power supply (not branded with high quality name... 16a on 12v rail and gets hot quick!)
asrock P4s61 (478) supports 800mhz and ht
P4 2.4ghz celeron d
1gb 3200 ram (2x 512mb)
160gb hard disk
audigy 2 zs 24bit
cd drive (rw)
dvd drive
2 x 17inch lcd moniter (dualview)
5.1 surround sound eax
custom modded case

these are the upgrades i should be getting:
P4 3.2ghz with ht (478) and gigabyte rocket heatsink