• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the heck creative? No 64bit support with the X-Fi!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

Well, I took the plunge and decided to try the Windows X64 trial. Everything worked well, I really havent had any issues thus far. Now, today I was about to order a X-Fi when I noticed a comment about how 64 bit drivers were not available.

Sure enough, I head over to the creative site and there are no 64 bit drivers yet. I did find a chart which said the 64bit drivers were supposed to be released Q4 2005, so perhaps if everything goes well they will be out sometime next month. For something marketed mainly to gamers, I would have expected 64bit drivers at launch.

I'm still set on getting an X-Fi, so I guess I'll be abandoning x64 for now.

Vulcan said:
Well, I took the plunge and decided to try the Windows X64 trial. Everything worked well, I really havent had any issues thus far. Now, today I was about to order a X-Fi when I noticed a comment about how 64 bit drivers were not available.

Sure enough, I head over to the creative site and there are no 64 bit drivers yet. I did find a chart which said the 64bit drivers were supposed to be released Q4 2005, so perhaps if everything goes well they will be out sometime next month. For something marketed mainly to gamers, I would have expected 64bit drivers at launch.

I'm still set on getting an X-Fi, so I guess I'll be abandoning x64 for now.

I made a post about this a while ago, I will probably never buy another creative product again, how are you going to release a new card that is less compatable with current operating systems than the last gen of cards. When i called there customer support, they did not even know that xfi was not compatable with xp64, creative is worthless. This is my second experience with their tech support, and both times where horrible, I knew more than both reps I talked to. I had to find out myself by searching online that it was not compatable. The rep knew i was useing xp64 as He asked me. He just told me to uninstall and reinstall. I should have bought the mysrtique.

Hey_Its_Cole said:
I made a post about this a while ago, I will probably never buy another creative product again, how are you going to release a new card that is less compatable with current operating systems than the last gen of cards. When i called there customer support, they did not even know that xfi was not compatable with xp64, creative is worthless. This is my second experience with their tech support, and both times where horrible, I knew more than both reps I talked to. I had to find out myself by searching online that it was not compatable. The rep knew i was useing xp64 as He asked me. He just told me to uninstall and reinstall. I should have bought the mysrtique.

Worthless?? For your information they happen to be the best home user sound card on the market today... The audigy 2 is considered a SPU, sound processing unit. It takes the load off the CPU. What other inexpensive card do you know of that can do that? Oh, it also has a 106 dB SNR... and the X-fi, just made it sweeter!!

Joeteck said:
Worthless?? For your information they happen to be the best home user sound card on the market today... The audigy 2 is considered a SPU, sound processing unit. It takes the load off the CPU. What other inexpensive card do you know of that can do that? Oh, it also has a 106 dB SNR... and the X-fi, just made it sweeter!!

There not bad, but far from great. If I had the money I'd ditch the Audigy 2 and get the X-FI or another non creative soundcard.

Joeteck said:

I was talking from a Customer Service standpoint LOL. Which they are worthless, they make ok to good products but they are a crappy company. I have never had anything but problems when dealing with them. My audigy 2 runs great after help from these forums a while back (same worthless customer service) and I am sure my XFI will when they get around to releasing drivers. It is pathetic when you call customer service and they did not even know that the xfi would not run on xp64 they told me to reinstall the drivers and clean out the old ones after i told them i did that multiple times. I wish I had bought a mystique as it is better for music but not as good in games but still games well. I have read tons of threads about how crappy creative has handled things, there is even a lawsuit settlement on one of their cards that they lied about its specs. Sounds like a bad company to me. I bought the XFi because of 3d sound in games, I will prolly love it when they release the drivers, but next time a purchase a sound card, if there is another choice with similar quality and performance, I will not be going with creative.

It kind seems as though you are being Hostile towards me, Why? I am not attacking you, I just dont like a company that operates as creative does. And there are quite few other cards that are great for all uses, creative just holds the game performance and support lead. Anyways no hard feeling but lighten up man :beer:. You are acting as if I offended you and I can not figure out why.

Last edited:
Back