• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volt modding a x850 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

A friend of mine has a x850pro (AGP) that he picked up cheap a few days ago. He's already got in on water and is getting some nice overclocks, however he would now like to volt-mod it too really push it.

I used to have a x800pro (unlocked) that I pencil modded to 1.65v and ran at 620x580. Is the procedure the same for the x850 series?

Thanks for the info

we will be using a VR in this mod. I had the pencil mod dead on the x800 so I never felt the need to redo it. It actually still runnning great almost 2 years later (in my bros system now).

Thanks for the link

well the mod went great....but whats even better...

IT UNLOCKED TO 16 PIPES!!!!

I stumbled across this article/post by accident last night:
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=22164

gave it a shot...and it WORKED! So now he's got a X850Pro, unlocked to a X850XT/PE, running at 640x620 at 1.65vgpu w/ 16 pipes. All for about $200 ;)

Gonna have to go back over there and show him how to bench it later, we did fire up doom 3 and HL2 though and it did run like a champ, so I have no doubt that it worked, ATItool also showed 16 pipes

btw this is the AGP version, I'm pretty sure it dosen't work on the PCI-X models

Back