• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vision Tek X800XT PE....any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I was going to get this Vision Tek X800XT PE, but didn't know if Vision Tek was a good overclocker. It is the cheapest that I have found and has the same specs as any other brand. Any help would be appreciated.

that's an X850XTPE.... don't know much about how well they clock but Visontek cards come with a lifetime warranty. I would guess it probably clock close to all the rest.

I checked that out. It is very impressive. Then I compared scores in 3DMark and my wife granted me $500. So I decided to get the best AGP card that I could find.

I think that with the price difference between ab X850XT PE and an X800GTO², you could probably move to PCI-e. I'd take that route. Selling some of your current stuff would raise the budget even more.

I know, but I really want two systems. I wish I would have known that I would be spending another $500 in parts before I got my 3700 Newark and DFI nf3. If it wasn't for that I would have gone PCI-E.

Nope, theres not an AGP version. Dude, if you can use $500, I would definitly buy a PCI-E mobo and a GTO2 PCI-Express, then sell your current card and mobo. You'd still have some money left over man, quite a bit actually.

if your sticking with agp (this very rarely works on PCI-X), get the x850 pro. Cheaper, and with a bios flash, unlocks to 16 pipes (~95% success rate), and almost all I've seen so far will to xt/pe speeds (540x580) without modification. At the least, they all did XT+ speeds easily.

apparently hardly anyone knows about this mod, I've seen it asked on many forums including this one and everyone says no it can't be unlocked...so you might be able to find a used x850 cheap...got the one in sig for right under $200 ;)

details:
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=44936
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?p=252116#post252116

Last edited:
Back