• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cisco 3650G-48 PoE Silencing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neshco

I have this switvh in my basement for years, working on only half ports and just few cameras on PoE. Recently the room where the rack with it is located became my electronic lab and this Cisco is unbearable to listen. It is too loud to be with it in the same room.
Found that there is no small 40x40x40 fans like usual but one big fan.
Now, if there is someone who maybe did the mod and have the solution to slow down it, would be really nice to share, or if nothing to give some advice/tip how to silent this jet. Any help highly appreciated.

14.01.2024_23.53.00_REC.jpg

Thank you for answer, but there are solutions for the other types of fans, this one is pretty much different, take a look at the photo.

Sorry my apologies, that's what I get for replying before having my coffee and failing at reading comprehension!

I wonder if there's any possible low-profile copper heatsink + fan that could fit on it.

No need for apologize at all.
I was just wondering if there is someone who already dealed with this kind of cooling before take some actions myself.
Thank you for taking time to help ❤️

Back