• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games very jumpy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveeb

I just got done putting together the system in my sig. After installing FarCry, I noticed that the textures on the water and ground were not displaying properly. These textures appeared to be extremely bright.

After installing the latest nVidia drivers 78.01 the textures are ok, but now the game is very jumpy. By jumpy I mean that it seems like the player is going in normal speed one second then will all of a sudden go into fast motion and just jump around between fast and slow. It makes the game absolutely unplayable.

The problem also exists on GTA Vice City and GTA 3. I've tried turning on the "Frame Limiter" and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Try some different drivers. I'm still using the 66.93 drivers (6800GT). It's been a couple of months since I've tried any of the newer ones, but the early 7*.** drivers caused problems like you describe.

Back