• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choosing a good case for big typhoon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

Im looking for a new case to accommodate my NF7 and a big typhoon, as right now my 947u and a 92mm fan touch my psu. unfortunatly my local shops dont have a huge selection, so i would like to see what cases will fit big typhoons (or any other 120mm hsf). i dont need a full tower case, do I?

actually, my problem right now is the clearence between the top of the motherboard and the psu. some of those coolermaster cases do look pretty slick tho

Look at the Antec TX1050B. It comes with a nice modular psu. It is not for those who liek flashy cases and has a professional look. I own one, and my SI-97 has alot of breathing room. Even with a 120mm fan and a 92mm pana on top of it.

ur picking a pc case based on a cpu heatsink that isnt all that great? hmm id just get a nice case and add a xp-90c or similar.

well, the numbers ive seen suggest otherwise, it will quiet down my current socket a, and then migrate to socket 939 when i get around to upgrading. thats why i have selected that particular heatsink. i just need it to fit in a nice case!

Nathan0490 said:
ur picking a pc case based on a cpu heatsink that isnt all that great? hmm id just get a nice case and add a xp-90c or similar.

What are you talking about. From what i've heard. The big typhoon gives temperatures that are a just about the same as xp-120 or one of those xps.

Back