• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ Venice and ASROCK mobo = the best "Bang for the Buck"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1Time

Would like to see if any of you agree with this.

The 3200+ Venice selling at eWiz for $133 and the ASROCK mobo selling at NewEgg for $69 are the best "Bang for the Buck" deals for overclocking an AMD processor on air with an NF4 mobo at this time.

Do you agree?

Last edited:
With the 3200+ priced so low, it is definately the best bang for the buck.

Oh, and the Asrock motherboard is not NF4 it is ULi M 1695.

Yeah, it's great bang for buck system, especially for those with a AGP video card that they don't want to waste, I might even consider something like that. Just toss in my 6800GT AGP in the ASrock system.

Are they going to release any better ASrock motherboards anytime soon? If so I can wait a bit for it.

Thanks for confirming this.

I am about to buy this combo and then if needed I will upgrade after prices for the newer processors drop and stabilize.

Quailane said:
Oh, and the Asrock motherboard is not NF4 it is ULi M 1695.

Your're right... I've been reading up on the new CPUs and mobos so much lately, I'm losing track of the facts. Thanks again.

no complaints w/ the 3200 here.....def big bang for ur buck....

however the venice 3000 might be the best bang for buck purchase as it seems a lot of people get clocks just as high as 3200 clocks....

Not necessarily.

The 3200+ is about $2 cheaper then the 3000+ at ewiz, lol. Before the 3000+ was the best price/performance chip, now the 3200+ is cheaper and better then the 3000+.

Anyways, have anyone heard any word on a better ASrock motherboard coming out? Because I thought the current one out, for $60 was supposed to be a value series board, plus I heard it doesn't have SATAII on it.

Question on the ASrock board too: Can you use both a AGP video card and a PCI-E one at the same time? Like let's say I run a AGP 6800GT and buy another PCI-E 7800GT or something, would it work? Or is it limited to using only one slot at a time.

Well would both cards yield better performance? Maybe something like a SLi between AGP and PCI-E? I'll try looking around their website.

Asrock is Asus's bargain board line. You're never going to see anything along the lines of a full fledged ASUS board, but they are good bargains.

I knowwww, I'm just trying to find out if you can use both the AGP slot and PCI-E slots at the same time, and whether it would give better performance or not. I tried emailing them, but they kept replying saying that they forwarded my email to some other department.

Argh. Well my dilenma is that I have a 6800GT AGP. I want to get a X2 4400+ and still keep my 6800GT card for a while. So I'll buy the 7800GTX a few months after the X2 4400+, I don't want to dump the 6800GT yet, so I want to use both the GTX and 6800GT on the ASrock board. I duno, I guess I'll try to figure out a way so that I won't waste too much money. I could always sell the 6800GT for about $250ish, too annoying to ship out and stuff though.

You can't get more performance from using an AGP and PCI-E at the same time. There is no SLI or crossfire possible.

Not long after I started this thread I went to order a 3200+ Venice but it was out of stock. This morning I ordered a retail 146 Opteron from Monarch and the ASROCK mobo from NewEgg. Should be fun. Thanks all.

I just did this setup a couple weeks ago! I have posts in the big post about the asrock motherboard.

I was able to get it overclocked to 250x10 fairly easily and it is as stable as could be. It is a great bargain.

Yeah I just picked up the board, and was going to snag one of the OEM 3200+ venice from ewiz but I waited until the afternoon to order and they had gone out of stock. :( AMD has stopped OEM offerings, there an article on anandtech about it. Which stinks. So I picked up a 3000+ retail from newegg instead. I should have known they would go out of stock, since there really aren't any more OEM cpus at reasonable prices to be found elsewhere.

Oh well, if I can squeeze 2.4 out of the cpu I'll be happy.

The athlon64 platform doesn't take a big performance hit by running memory async like the athlon XP right?

read another review of this board over the weekend & the fella had vid cards in the agp, pci-e & pci slots all running a separate monitor

the agp was ati & the pci-e was nvidia

i have a agp geforce 6800 (which is oc'ed) and pci-e x800got2, so i'll test which one works best and sell the other.

i just got my asrock & x800gto2 & am waiting on my backordered 144.

ludeboy12 said:
no complaints w/ the 3200 here.....def big bang for ur buck....

however the venice 3000 might be the best bang for buck purchase as it seems a lot of people get clocks just as high as 3200 clocks....

Yup, I recommended my friend get a 3000+. Runs at 2.8ghz with SP-97 cooler prime stable (44 C Load). $136 becomes 1000 dollar FX-57.Now thats a BANG for your buck

Back