• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool is Cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

A few months ago I wrote about having a dual fan in a custom duct thru the side window. I just played BF2 for about 4hrs with my vid card at 550/904 and my P4 at a tame 2.7Ghz from the stock 2.4Ghz my temps are:

CPU: 28 C
Mobo:27 C
GPU:37C

These temps are right after logging out of BF2

My X800 PRO has the fan at 100% while o/c'd

do you have pics? how high are your temps at extreme o/c'ing? are the twin 120mm's counter rotating?

I havent gone extreme yet,I need my other stick of RAM to give me 2 x 1Gb pc3200.No they are not counter rotating,if they are both spinning at same speed there is no reason to run them that way.I'll have pics as soon as I have the GASP film developed.

if you cn manage to get them, counter rotating fans ROCK. i am lucky enough to have gotten one, and at full speed (almost as loud as an 80mm tornado, just not as WEEEEEE more of a fwoooooooo) and moves TONS more air. i love it, i dont see why more targeted manufacturers like Tt arent jumping on it.

It is a good feeling thinking "at stock, this was running at X temps... now its runnin at (X-10) temps, while running so much faster." and its fun on the road to getting there, figuring out how to get that little bit more.

Back