• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on new Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

I'm looking to upgrade my Rig's AGP video card.

I'll be getting a completelly new Around April, but I would like to upgrade this comp's video card so it peforms better till then. I'm looking around $250, maybe 300-325... Cheaper is better of course...

My Current rig is:
AMD Athlong 64 3200+ Socket 754
1gb (2x512) Kingston Value Ram
Asus K8v Motherboard
256Mb AGP Sapphire Radeon 9600xt

I'd love to stick with ATI based Card, but if for thsi price Nvidia is better.. I'll go Nvidia :p

Thank in Advance...

Assuming your gonna go PCI-X on your next MB I would put the money into some
better memory that you can use with your new system in April rather than a video
card you wont be able to use.
6 months is a lifetime in the computer tech world, who knows what will be available then.

I agree with mikey. If you are going to upgrade your system and use PCI-x, then it wouldnt be worth it to get a new AGP. This is of course unless you have money to burn, then no biggy. Or if the new sytem will use AGP.

I have three suggestions:
-X800PRO VIVO (Flashable to X800XT)
-X850PRO VIVO (Flashable to X850XT)
-X800GTO (Usually flashable to either X850XT or X800XT. Not guarunteed; some will not flash)

X800PRO VIVO-->X800XT
X850PRO VIVO-->X850XT
Couldn't find flash link for X800GTO. Bah. Supposedly the Connect3D X800GTO has a higher chance of flashing.

Back