• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone watercooling with Antec p180 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EternalX

I was going to pick this case up pretty cheap, and was curious if anyone had fitted a water cooling system in it, and how it worked. Pictures would be wonferful!! Dont know if there is room inside or not, figured Id try and ask!

Curtdwag

I am. I don't have a camera so no pics but what did you wanna know?

EDIT: I am also pretty much against cutting this thing up so if you are looking for advice on where to put things without modding too much i can probably help.

I wanted to know the dimensions of the lower chamber? I was looking to place a heatercore (6 1/8" x 7 3/8" x 2") down there, most like on its side so its 6+" tall.

I figure I would have to remove the HD rack (no problem) and pop rivets for the rack support on the bottom of the case... is this true?

i looked for this kind of wtuff earlier but didnt find anything lol maybe this will help me as im struggling with the rad lol!

edit: ok i have seen them but none help me out :( my rad is alot bigger! :cry:

good luck with the 120.3 rad. I think the only option with that is on the top. Right now I am considering putting a BIXII in the bottom chamber taking air from beneath the case, but I will probably have to put casters or something below the case in order to make sure it doesn't get carpet/too much dust just sucked up. That or *gasp* put it ontop of my case.

Quick question though, is it possible to put a rad ontop of the case but not have to loop the tubes around through the back of the case or something similar to that?

You could drill holes for the fittings to fit through.. and just stick them down through the top.. and i dunno about those demensions.. i have to get a tape measure. its gonna be close but if you take the rivets outta the hard drive holder and take that out you might be able to pull it off

Janus67 said:
good luck with the 120.3 rad. I think the only option with that is on the top. Right now I am considering putting a BIXII in the bottom chamber taking air from beneath the case, but I will probably have to put casters or something below the case in order to make sure it doesn't get carpet/too much dust just sucked up. That or *gasp* put it ontop of my case.

Quick question though, is it possible to put a rad ontop of the case but not have to loop the tubes around through the back of the case or something similar to that?

ive nearly sorted it i think im just getting confirmation on it making sure i dont need a different rad and stuff plus ive got to bleed the old water from the system and make sure it all fits before i do the work ;)

Back