• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with semperon barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acidburn

AMD Athlon XP Barton Semperon 3000+

what can i expect out of something like this

tried to find something in forums but didnt find anything

If you're planning to stick that in your KT400 motherboard, don't even bother. it is not worth it. it runs at 166MHz FSB by default, is multiplier locked, and that chipset won't clock much higher (if any) than 180-190MHz FSB.

Acidburn said:
AMD Athlon XP Barton Semperon 3000+

what can i expect out of something like this

tried to find something in forums but didnt find anything

You're lucky if you're even able to get 180 mhz for the FSB, because for me, while Prime95 stable, 3D Mark 2001 SE got terminated, probably because of the AGP bus frequency being too high.

And at 181 mhz, strangely, Prime95 stopped responding during a blend test just after the 1 hour mark while the OS didn't crash! So I had to kill it with Task Manager. I found that a little bit strange, because when I get a lockup during a Prime95 test, I usually get a complete lockup and required to press the reset button!

That likely is an issue with motherboards of this familiy, which includes the A7V8X-X.

With motherboards of this family, an unlocked multiplier and 2.0-2-2-6 for the RAM timings are your friends!

i wasnt planning on putting it in my comp

its in a friends computer and he was curious

Back