• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New TRW Subwoofer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

I just discovered this and I hope it hasn't already been posted. This thing looks like a fan and yet it's supposed to reproduce sound down 1Hz. Check it out here.

It actually is pretty interesting.

http://www.eminent-tech.com/main.html

If you click on the rotatry woofer then the how it works link it explains everything. Although it does look just like a fan its a bit different. Each of the "fan" blades rotate as the "fan" turns. In the pictures I've seen its mounted in a box with a hole cut in it about hte same diameter of the blades. They actually have a little gif that shows it in action.

Ryan

Also, you don't want to actually have the TRW 17 in your main listening room (otherwise your head will explode like the guy in the Simpsons THX trailer). A professional installer has to wire the TRW 17 into your attic or basement, thus creating The World's Largest Subwoofer.

Fricking sweet. I would love to have this even if it killed me after 10 minutes of listening. :cool:

But that cool 14 grand price tag seems like a little much. Plus you would have to design your whole house around this thing. Oh man I'm drooling over this thing cause I loves me some bass. Oh ya baby rattle your fillings out... and your spine.

But on a serious note wouldn't this cause some serious damage if your walls are flexing? Also it can't possibly be good for the body?? Or what about the neighbours??

Anyways two words: sweet jebus.

dartor said:
But on a serious note wouldn't this cause some serious damage if your walls are flexing? Also it can't possibly be good for the body?? Or what about the neighbours??
For your body it would beat a Swedish massage, but for your house it would be a wreaking ball! You would be killed by the roof crashing on your head before your neighbors could get to you. :bday:

Back