• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

subwoofer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

how can a laptop have a subwoofer, i know some say this, but that's physically impossible

what is this thing they call a sub

Its usually just a 2 inch driver thats all. A friend of mine had a Toshiba with one and it did make the table shake a little and rounded the sound out nicely.

My Inspiron 9300 has a small subwoofer and delivers the best sound I've ever heard from a laptop....

it is dedicated to lower fequiencies and my 9300 also has a bass tube which is what makes the 9300 subwoofer sound so good ;)

I had an Inspiron 9100 (the huge tank that got discontinued, it was the same case as the XPS), and the subwoofer was integrated into the battery and had a little tube leading to an exit. Sounded pretty damn nice for a laptop. :cool:

Yup. It's a tiny little driver, with a bass tube attached to help increase the volume. It's a sub in the sense that only low frequency stuff goes to it -- regardless of it's much higher natural frequency.

JigPu

the only subs that are ever on my hp are a couple rockford 10s, when i plug into the speakers at home :-(

the sound is empty without bass, with the little like 1.5 by .75 inch speakers in it....

Back