• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding out my router's IP address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

I just got a router from my friend, and I need to connect two computers. Only one can connect at a time, it's just which ever one gets turned on first. The internet it was on before had a static IP, so I'm thinking what ever that IP was is the current IP address. Is there anyway I can find out? I saw a website a few threads down for www.whatismyip.com, if I go there from one of the computers on the router, will it show my router IP? Thanks in advance for any help.

what router do you have?
to access configuration on linksys type in browser for linksys 192.168.1.1, belkin 192.168.2.1
if you want to know what router ip address is for your computer and default gateway click start>run>cmd>ipconfig

Are you trying to find the internal or external IP? If external, that site will allow you to find it out, but only if it is on the same ISP network as your friend. Otherwise, you will not even be able to connect to the web. If internal, check the manufacturers website to find the default management IP. You may also need to reset it to factory defaults to get it to work.

It's a Dlink router. The default IP is 192.168.1.1, but it won't connect to that, that's why I think it was changed. When I get home I'll try the ipconfig thing. Thanks for the quick replies

Nevermind, I feel stupid. I found a reset button on the bottom. It was really small so I didn't see it at first. No it works.

Back