• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps normal for P4E 630 3.0GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugal282

Registered
Hi! i just taken a new system specs are:-

1) Intel P4E (630) 3.0GHz @ 3.75GHz (VCore-->1.40V) (Stock Cooling)
2) MSI 915G Combo
3) Kingstone 512MB DDR
4) PSU 580W.

at full load using Prime95 or Super PI my processor temps goes to MAX 59C or 58C. is it normal temps for this processor, if not than how much MAX temps this processor can take. what are the MAX safe temps for this processor.

rugal282, How are you measuring the temps?

I have a CM Stacker Case (original) and TT big Typhoon cpu cooler with slightly faster fan and with ambient of 25 C, I get 63-64 C under full load for several hours with air cooling. Idle is 45 - 46 C.
System is in signature. This is with components on mobo that can have maximum voltage enabled except Vcore.

These temps are normal for Prescott cored P4's when overclocked 40% with air cooling.

Hope this gives some perspective on your situation. :)

Those Prescotts run hot. I usually try to keep my overclocked load CPU temp below 60 degrees for long term, but certainly low 60's are ok for short term. Your system looks ok, but you could try improving case ventilation a little if you are worried.

I would replace that PowMax Demon PSU asap. I'm sure that it is contributing to the heat in the case. Terrible PSU's.

Your load temps are fine. You could probably lower it a few degrees with either using a better thermal compound, or improving system cooling.

Nasgul said:
Intel's stock cooling is not the greatest for overclocking, in my opinion I'd say get rid of that heat-sink and put one of a better quality, like a thermalright xp-90 or zalman pure copper.
I agree w/Nasgul completely.

Those temps are about right for a 25% OC'd 6.xx w/the stock HSF assy under full load/stress testing. He**, the stock cooler barely handles a stock 6xx under dual prime. After having the C0/D0 Prescott steppings, many peeps will exclaim how cool the 6xx chips run. Well, they do run somewhat cooler...compared to a C0/D0!!! :rolleyes:

IOW, they still run pretty hot.

You'll be amazed at the difference in temps, OC, and stability, particuliarly the temps & stability, when switching from the stock HSF assy to a good aftermarket assy.

Since temp monitoring can vary greatly, here's a link to ThrottleWatch 2.01.

It's possible you're sitting on the edge of thermal throttling.

'Course, there's always water cooling (which would be my choice). :p :D

Strat

Stratcat said:
Since temp monitoring can vary greatly, here's a link to ThrottleWatch 2.01.

It's possible you're sitting on the edge of thermal throttling.

This dude is right, download it and stress your system to the max, press F5 to record the results and view log afterwards.

Back