• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help Overclocking celeron 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g_hadgraft

I want to overclock my celeron 600 however i cant find anyway of
changing either The bus speed or the clock multiplier. I have an
eTower 600DVD which has:
an Anaheim 2A motherboard
Celeron 600 running at Abus speed of 66.46Mhz and a clock multiplier
of 9
A pheonixBios 4. release 6

I dont have a manual explaining the jumper settings and i dont know if
there are jumpers to change these settings.

Welcome to OCers.com :D

You'll have a bit of trouble trying to find any specific info on an Emachine. I can tell ya the mobo is made by Trigem(Korean). There may be some info on their Korean site, but not being fluent in the language, I couldn't really tell ya.
If ya feel up to the task, I'd open'er up and have a look-see. Often there will be useful info silk screened on the board.

Welcome to the boards g_hadgraft! You cannot change the multiplier on any Celeron CPU so the only thing you can try is to change the FSB. Try searching the web for a manual/layout of your 'anaheim' mainboard. You can also try to find out what type/model clock generator is on your mainboard and try to raise the FSB with a nifty program called 'SoftFSB'. (you can find it via the mainpage)

I highly doubt there will be any FSB adjustments on that mobo. Maybe try the softFSB program. You may need to upgrade the mobo in order to overclock.

Clock Generator

I have tried using softFSB but need the clock generator. Any idea where i can find this info. Tried looking on the official site but doesnt seem to tell you the clock generator.

Nope, ya won't find that info. Again you'll have to open'er up and eyeball the mobo. Here's what the clock gen looks like. It's the black chip and geneally will be located near that cigar shaped thing(this is the crystal). This one is an ICS, there are several diff brands though.

clockgen.jpg

Back