• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How unstable is DFI UT nf4 Ultra-D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyBauxite

Registered
You told me that the DFI UT nf4 Ultra-D was the best overclocking motherboard. However, I've heard that it can be unstable. ASRock motherboards were recommended as a stable alternative. Can I actually achieve stable overclocks on the DFI UT nf4 Ultra-D, or is this just hype? Will I end up spending hours refining overclocks only to have an unstable system with little oc?

I have the SLI-D and have only ran into an issue with the PWM IC getting a little toasty. I WC so the airflow to that area was minimal, so I mounted a 60mm(Stock AMD fan) to the post that holds down my water block and all is good.

CrazyBauxite said:
You told me that the DFI UT nf4 Ultra-D was the best overclocking motherboard. However, I've heard that it can be unstable. ASRock motherboards were recommended as a stable alternative. Can I actually achieve stable overclocks on the DFI UT nf4 Ultra-D, or is this just hype? Will I end up spending hours refining overclocks only to have an unstable system with little oc?
No, it's not hype, but it is hard work. There are so many setting varibles that it takes time to get all of your ducks in a row, No one ever said getting a stable OC was easy. It took me over a month with an MSI board with far fewer variables. The ASRock board is simpler and will take less time and effort, but the results will be less as well.

Please read about the VTT Tracking problem in my sig (courtesy of felinusz, who brought it to my attention) before you make a buy. Also, make sure you get a clear idea about DFI's warranty policy before you buy this board.

Finally, do not get UTT based RAM. UTT=garbage.

CrazyBauxite, to answer your question for the DFI UT nF4 Lanparty mobo stability, with this motherboard, it can either be complete unstable POS and BSOD city, or it can be the most stable mobo on the market with absolutely 0 probelms and hiccups. It all depends on the BIOS, myne personally came with the 623-3 and i clocked my 3700 from 2.2 to 2.7 pretty much with stock volts. It is the best performance and overclocking mobo for its price range if you know how how to sqeeze out irs full potential.

Back