• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Navi's being twitchy...A8V and A64 3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I've been running my 2.2 at 2390 for about 3 days now; just tried goosing it up another notch and...bluescreen after about 2 minutes :bang head

I couldn't write down the hex error codes quickly enough; however on restart I got no "system has recovered" dialog box, and no "Microsoft crash analysis". The last time this happened (at much lower oc) I did get an analysis that said my mobo was bad :rolleyes:

I'm using Clockgen; current settings are CPU 2376.4; HTT/memory 216.04; PCI/AGP locked at 66/33; I'm leaving multiplier and Vcore alone for now. CPU temp is 44C under folding load. Will leave it overnight with a browser window open like I usually do and see if it's still there when I wake up...

You might be hitting the wall with your stock VCore... you might be hitting the wall on your RAM...

Too many possibilities.

Personally I use clockgen to avoid CMOS multiple CMOS resets... When I find something stable in Clockgen I work from there via the BIOS.

I like to find the max of each component on my system at various voltages then try and develop an overall enhancement in my head then work it in BIOS.

2385 seems to be my max at present (just bluescreened and gave no error messages at all). 216 seems to be the max for my RAM; haven't messed with VCore or multi yet. Reading up on it now.

Yeah, Clockgen is tweaking me off now as well; I'm regularly rebooting to/from Knoppix LiveCD for a class and my settings keep getting nuked. I did find one potential cause; AsusProbe (kernel errors on restart, and driver errors in general). I've nuked it and am using MBM for now. MBM is reporting CPU temps almost 15C lower than AsusProbe was...which one's correct?

EDIT: Huh. Just noted that CPU-Z is reporting my board as rev 1.xx; according to what's printed on the board itself it's rev 2.00. Odd.

Last edited:
In no particular order:-

[*]CPUz is wrong!

[*]That particular BSOD and ASUS Probe crashing indicates a RAM error, What chips are on the Mushkin PC3200? Bump up VDimm to 2.8V.

[*] Stop using Clockgen if you are having stability problems at the outset.

Good Luck!

S-N

Back