• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a spare case? Make a Hydroponics lab.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

I dont know if this was ever posted before but it is definitly an interesting use of a case. :)

Our All New PC Planter™ is the smallest self contained growing system in the market! Grow two plants start to finish with low hassle, less mess, and rapid turn around times! Just add water and seeds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7723554509

Doubt I would ever make anything like this but is kinda cool all the same.

JT

hmm... interesting indeed. I don't think I'll ever be using this, but I suppose that someone found a need for it (or just wanted to do something different). Anyone want to give it a try to see how it works? Maybe you could use a big case and both grow plants and have a working PC, oh the possibilities. LOL.

That'd be a good idea. I could put those spare UV CCFL to good use. They attract lots of bugs anyway. As for plants, something that eat bugs. :)

All they offer are various lockers for gardening, all including locks... And a biodome for growing "fungus".

The case idea looks perfect alright... Perfect for a college dorm, and the case is locking to keep out curious room mates.

Seems like an ebay store with questionable intent.

Ya know I never thought about using it for questionable growing practices that requires secrecy..... *shakes his head* I couldn't figure out what plants you would grow in there. I had pictured lil flowers n stuff. :p

JT

I.M.O.G. said:
All they offer are various lockers for gardening, all including locks... And a biodome for growing "fungus".

The case idea looks perfect alright... Perfect for a college dorm, and the case is locking to keep out curious room mates.

Seems like an ebay store with questionable intent.

Yup, just like I said:
ghettocomp said:
Makes cloning sound so complicated, And ther is Nothing like sending the Feds your name and address Along with a complete invitation to check out what you are growing....

and they will watch...
not that they actually have time to fully check you out

This thing would be perfect for growing little bushes inside it/ Sorry could not resist.. :p

Attachments

• bushes.jpg
    bushes.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 501
Somone should make a full working pc and have the case with a clear acrlyic section of it isolated on the inside from the mobo and put a real plant in it.

turky4lunch said:
what's next after this? computer ant farms? birdhouse cases? things just get weirder and weirder :shrug:

Hey great idea there!!! An ant farm is a viable mod. Bird poop would a an issue.

I wasnt paying attention earlier, I looked at it again geez some people have money to burn

Back