• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 socket 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean2857

just curious. i'm running an AMD 64 3500+ socket 939 and i was wondering what speeds i could expect when overclocking. i'm currently running at 2.5MHZ at temps between 30 and 36 degrees C on a liquid cooled system.

(p.s. not sure if this should go in the OC forum or the CPU forum. sorry if its in the wrong section) :) :)

Welcome to the forums.

I would say you are running @ 2.5ghz instead of mhz as that would be the best underclock I have ever seen on such a nice cpu. I would say depending on your hardware you should be able to reach somewhere between 2.6-2.7.

What is your psu, ram, vedio card, etc?

Jonspd

yea i ment GHz lol. my Video card is a radeon x300 series (pci-e) my power supply is a raid max ky-520atx (420 watts). not quite sure about the ram......all i know is i have 1 gig. and for the motherboard i have an MSI K8n Neo4 Nforce4 platinum edition. :):)

sean2857 said:
yea i ment GHz lol. my Video card is a radeon x300 series (pci-e) my power supply is a raid max ky-520atx (420 watts). not quite sure about the ram......all i know is i have 1 gig. and for the motherboard i have an MSI K8n Neo4 Nforce4 platinum edition. :):)

if u game you will want to get a better videocard, at least a 6600gt. and that psu looks pretty bad you might want to buy one from a more reliable comapny (ie. fortron, pc&p, enermax). as far as overclocking goes you'll probably get 2.6-2.8 ghz out fo it with good cooling, though you may need to runa divider if you don't have good ram

I would not trust raidmax with any component of my puter, man. They are an awful company. You should consider getting an antec, enermax, or seasonic power supply

well tonight i decided to overclock some more. got 2.7GHZ so far with little change in temps .Anything more than that seems unstable. definitly happy with the results, thanks for the help;)

Heres a screen shot

2.7ghz.JPG

Back