• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512 is CSS or HL2??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DietPepsi0219

has anybody seen reviews where they post the 7800 GTX 512's performance in counter strike source or hl2? because the sites ive seen havent showed it

no overkill because the 7800GTX512 beats the x1800XT with AA+AF even at high resolutions. and when AA+AF is added the ATI cards seem to catch up alot but not in this case even with more textures.

well since a 6800 can max out HL2 or CSS at 1024x768 with 4x AA, and my card will do Lost Coast at that, you don't want to buy a 7800GTX to play HL2 or CSS, what you may want it for is other less brilliantly coded engines like maybe the new UT or Quake 4.

>HyperlogiK< said:
well since a 6800 can max out HL2 or CSS at 1024x768 with 4x AA, and my card will do Lost Coast at that, you don't want to buy a 7800GTX to play HL2 or CSS, what you may want it for is other less brilliantly coded engines like maybe the new UT or Quake 4.

i agree to a point with you, but who plays at 1024x768 4AA unless you really have too>? i play at 1280*1240 full AA+AF because my card is capable off doing it even hl2 can get taxing on the new systems with AA+AF which i no alot of guys run. and the UT3 engine badly coded :p every game studio wants to use beacuse it's well coded and designed.

Blackmage said:
i agree to a point with you, but who plays at 1024x768 4AA unless you really have too>? i play at 1280*1240 full AA+AF because my card is capable off doing it even hl2 can get taxing on the new systems with AA+AF which i no alot of guys run. and the UT3 engine badly coded :p every game studio wants to use beacuse it's well coded and designed.

I never game at above 1024x768, and while it's not going to be the fastest thing, when i get my new x850XT PE, i probably still wont. It makes everything too small.

The UT3 engine does sound badly optimised from the quoted minimum system requirements, the quality of the screenshots released so far doesn't in my mind justify such high specs (It doesn't look THAT much better than Lost Coast or FEAR). I was just pointing to source as an example of how things should be done (except for the 6 year wait part).

OK maybe UNREAL 2007 is being a bit nasty but just look at it.

ut2007_e3_003.jpg

b_7.jpg

Back