• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

<Confusion> Things are weird.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We have a big drop in points. Upon some simple investigation, Holdolin has dropped off. Hopefully temporarily. @Holdolin We hope that you are OK and look forward to your return. Being funny we might say we look forward to your points and oh yeah, hope you're ok. :escape:

On the world front and without Holdolin over the past few days, we are still looking to pass Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA. EPFL is full on and looking to take our spot. For our South Park fans, practice saying: "They took our spot". There's a special way to say that if you know what I'm talking about.

@HayesK _ALL is #33 in the world.
@WhitehawkEQ is #36.
@torin3 is #75.
@dfonda is #87.
@Holdolin is #90.
HayesK_GRC is almost in the top 100 at #104.

Earlier this week we were up to 45 active folders but we are currently at 42. Better than last week but we need more. Our average ppd for the 42 acive folders is 11.6 million ppd.

Top 20 on the team is earning 1 million ppd or more. (Note: I caught myself typing that the top 100 were earning 1 million or more. That'd be great for sure.)
Top 10 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 8 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 70 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning 120 million ppd or more. Definitely more.

Serega_VRN has just earned 300k. Happy to have you and thank you.

Starting with post #9, we started looking at reducing CPU folding to get more ppd. Counter-intuitive to be sure. Take a look and see what you think.

Before getting into my personal fight with @superducky , I want to point out that I have accepted a new job within my company. In a few weeks, I may have to put these updates on hold until I get settled in. Lot's to learn and lot's to do to catch them up from their back-log. Don't cry for me (Argentina), more money is always good but I may lay low on the weekly update. Presently I'm busy documenting my current job which was OJT over the last decade or two. After about 25 years in the "Helpdesk" industry, I will move over to being a video redactor and editor.

So lets get into the war between @don256us and @superducky . We are neck in neck on production. Usually he is winning by a good amount and thus has about 2 billion points more than I. Curerntly I'm 16 years away from "making him pay". Pay what? I don't know but pay he will. Or will he? Hmmmm...... Don't slip up buddy 'cause I'm right there on your heels. :comp: :grouphug:

OK. I've got more documentation to write so add what you'd like below and have fun. To our Canadian friends, I hope you're no where near the fires and of course, everyone in line with the smoke (Including us in lower Michigan) be well. Horrible event that and worthy of note. It's amazing the destruction from natural events like this.

Last edited:
What the heck is that? :rofl:
Good catch. Fixed. It happens because I never think to add the @ until after I typed it all up. If I add the @ then cursor over, the system suggests a user. When I select that user, it adds the entire user and truncates the remaining letters in the name and I get what you saw. I thought I did a better job. ;)

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Waiting for that overtake Don! :D You better look out SuperDucky, I think he means business!

Congratulations on the new job Don. I hope you enjoy the new role. :thup:

Glad to hear about the new job, @don256us ! Especially within the same org, promotion from within seems largely dead these days. And as of this writing, I show you only 12.4 years out. Glad that I have a workload optimization for the whole server stack in progress as we speak. ;)
I should have a post up in my thread over the next week or so about it.

Holdolin, here's hoping you're well. We'll keep the lights on for you.

Good catch. Fixed. It happens because I never think to add the @ until after I typed it all up. If I add the @ then cursor over, the system suggests a user. When I select that user, it adds the entire user and truncates the remaining letters in the name and I get what you saw. I thought I did a better job. ;)
Remember Don you do wrong 'Hawk never forgets...
You do right 'Hawk never remembers...(But only 'cause he's such an old codger ;) )

as of this writing, I show you only 12.4 years out. Glad that I have a workload optimization for the whole server stack in progress as we speak. ;)
I should have a post up in my thread over the next week or so about it.
Down to 4.5 years but I'll never be able to keep that pace up. No reason. It just never stays stable for long.

Yeah. I'm all over the place. I'll dink around with my machine through Thursday, reducing my production by playing games but then it'll have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to produce. That is, if nothing crashes while I'm out and about.

Change of plans. When I leave tomorrow evening, I'll need to shut down the 3080 and 3060 machine. Room gets too hot. Wife will keep the door closed and I won't be there to open it. I need to save the gear for the long haul and sacrifice production in the short term.

Back