• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC 640 @ 4.4GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trigger_sad

So here we are, finally decided today to just up the vcore and see what I get. My setup is in my sig. Got stable at 4389Mhz at 1.55V (274x16). Everything is set to AUTO in bios, except PCI-E (100) and PCI (33). FSB:Memory ratio is 1:1. SuperPi 1MB time was 29.828s and 32MB was 26min 23secs. What do you guys think?

32mb.JPG

it's good. A bit more voltage than what I would pump through it but good result, nonetheless. How are your temps? Can you tighten those memory timings?

wow, nice! And thats one water?

Damn, when i still had my old computer with a vapochill, i was getting an overclock of 4.5ghz... your chip would do much better.

Yeah thanks, the voltage (1.55V) is more than I want to run as well but I could NOT get it stable at that speed without that much voltage. I can do 4.0GHz at 1.4, but 4.4 at 1.55... I don't know if the voltage bump is worth the 400Mhz.

Know Nuttin said:
it's good. A bit more voltage than what I would pump through it but good result, nonetheless. How are your temps? Can you tighten those memory timings?

Temps are ok considering I'm using a crappy watercooling kit (the bigwater SE), they're about 47C idle, about 60C full load. If i'm 60C or under i really don't worry about it. Actually I should be able to tighten those timings, considering that i run 1:1 ratio that'd put me at 550MHz on mem, I should be able to run 3-3-3-8 as the 533 pqi Turbo memory does, so I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Hey I was thinking of getting that bigwater se but somebody here said that they sucked, what do you think ?

Well I guess you could say results speak for themselves... I work at a computer retailer and at cost the BigWater SE is $100... so for $100 i think its worth every penny, it performs same as the best aircooling (at the fraction of the noise), when i first even thought about my rig i had 4.4GHz stable as a goal, and now i've reached it, so i'm happy. A customer watercooling kit would be 10X better (and i'm doing that in spring) but for being a beginner in watercooling a kit is nice, you just get used to the whole idea. And for what i wanna do for a custom kit, it'll be like $300+ easily, so it's all about the budget as well.

Back