• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filters for fans...need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phenolite

I'd like to just go pick up a hepa filter, tear it apart and stick it on my fan...can i do that? also, should i put it on exhaust and intake fans?...where do you guys get yer filter stuff?

i dont have any now, but i saw some made for case fans at 2cooltek.com that they say dont reduce airflow much. Theyre made from aluminum mesh. Oh, and you only need them on intake if you want them, not ehaust - you dont wanna keep dust IN your case do ya??

It's good to put a grill over your exhaust especially if you have animals/kids(bleeding children is never fun). As for intake the aluminum mesh is supposed to work great although i don't have one either. www.2cooltek.com is a good place to go.

I nicked/stole/borrowed a pair of my mothers old tights (I believe the Americans call them pantyhose) and cut these up and attached with tank tape

I prefer the foam filters with the snap on plastic bezel. They don't reduce airflow that much and filter better than the mesh ones.

Back