• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU heatsink/fan combo for NF7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoBePmp

I'm currently using a Thermaltake Silentboost lapped w/as 5. Anyone have any suggestions for a better replacemnet? I was thinking about a thermalright copper something or other with 120 mm fan but not sure if it would fit. I tried to measure..looks like a 92mm fan would fit, not sure about 120mm. I live in Miami and most of the year its so hot in my apartment that it effects my computer. I might have to use water cooling or something

Wouldn't know, really. Forgot about AXP long ago.

I'd say water would be the best bet, as the cooling solutions for AXP are.. well.. ****.

dont sound so smug, it wasnt long ago all the rage on these boards was nf7-s and mobile 2600's.

thermaright made the best line of air cooling for that mobo IMO. i use the si-97 with a 92mm panaflo super high output. works great in my old standard ATX midtower case.

cant wait to see what kind of temps i get with my new case

Yes the SI97A is the best and it will also work with an A64 should you later upgrade. The Panaflo is a great fan but you don't need something that noisy. A Delta 3 blade 92mmX38mm low speed will get the job done with a moderate noise level and it can be attached to your fan header. Both the HS and the fan can be found at Sidewinder.com.

yes the si97a will work. i have it with a thermaltake 92mm smartfan.i have it on a fan controller so its pretty quiet (at least compared to the otehr 6 fans in the case) it works great

is there a si97c, a copper version of the si97a. I tried googling for it and checked the thermalright website and cant find it. Maybe its just elusive like the nb1c northbridge heatsink.

The all copper is a SLK947U, but they quit making it. I have one for sale in the cooling section of the FS/T

Back