• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA hard drive not accessible in windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

I just put together a pc for my m8 i got one 36 gb raptor and one 300gb seagate for storage, both drives are detected in bios but only one is accessible in windows in the systray under safley remove hardware both drives are picked up and removable but in my computer only the raptor is accessible.

by the way the raptor is the one i installed windows on.

another problem which i think may be linked to this one is when windows starts up, if cdrom is not set to the first boot device and a bootable cdrom is not in then it will hang after "boot from cd" and wont boot in to windows if i have a bootable disc in then it will pick up the disc e.g. if windows disc is in it will do "the press any key now to boot from cd...." line then boot in to windows but otherwise it will hang.

thnx in advance

RIPSTER

SATA devices are seen as SCSI by bios,so it must be chosen to boot.You may have to enable boot other device as well.
As stated above it should be in disk management showing spce as unallocated.Partition and or format from there as you like.

Back