• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Powerstream 520W or Enermax 500W Liberty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

Was wondering if i should either keep my enermax 495p ps or buy one of:

a ) OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI
b ) Enermax 500W Liberty

Silence is important factor, next comes stability....The OCZ is also about $40 cdn more though, but it now has blue led fan on it rather than the dumb green one from before (sorry don't like green led).

I trust enermax, as i've used them before....ocz never even touched one yet.. :)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention it's for: 3200+ venice (will overclock to 2.4 or), Asus A8N32 Deluxe, X1800XL (will overclock to xt speed), zalman 9500 hs, 3 120mm fans, 2 dvd rw drives, 1 160 gb sata (maybe a 74 gb raptor in near future), and 512x2 OCZ Plat Rev2 ram.....

I have never used an enermax, I hear good things though.

The OCZ 520 powerstream is one of the most highly regarded PSU;s around here, mine seems rather quiet but then again I have pretty agressive air cooling also.

I cannot compare the two, because I havent owned both, but I can say I love the OCZ 520 powerstream.

I just got the OCZ powerstream 520 SLI, it's awesome. Powering my new upgrade with 3800+ x2, Asus A8N32-SLI, 2x 7800GTX OC.

ocz has awesome customer service too.

Indyxc1 said:
Is the OCZ longer than default length?

1" longer IIRC to account for the extra fan, much like my Fortron 530w was before the fan mod.

So far: OCZ 4 vs Enermax 0

Still not too sure still.... I trust Enermax...but i never used ocz to compare with. OCZ has the blue led fan now...which makes it a little nicer - but more expensive.... THe enermax has a 120mm fan in it and cables are plug in type............................

I think i'm gonna flip a quarter or something..head OCZ, tails the enermax... :(

OCZ 520 SLI, because it has a single beefy 12v rail. You don't want split 12v rails, ever.

Split 12v rails were actually a practical joke Intel did to get a nice laugh.

I just replace my 465 watt Enermax with the OCZ 520 watt Powerstream. The Enermax is a solid PSU, but the OCZ weighs nearly twice as much. (If I dropped it on my foot I'd be in the hospital.) The adjustable rails are great. If you can afford the extra cash I highly recommend it.

gigabit said:
i love my OCZ Powerstream 520 SLI version too_Only complaint is the plug socket.Its mount pretty poorly

yeah the rubber "frame" hits the corner of that case in the back where the rectangular opening is if I rememeber correctly.

If silence with stability is important, I think I would be seriously considering a Seasonic S12 over 500w above either choice.

I have built about 5 machines in the past few months with Enermax Powersupplies and I probably never will again. They def do not seem as stable as the machines I built with OCZ Powerstreams. Even the old Antec True430 seems to be more stable than the enermaxes.

Back