• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonFire

Because of a freak conflict with my X-fi music sound card and a Logitech webcam I came across something interesting.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it appears the board only has two usb ports that support USB 2.0. Them being the top two closes to the PS/2 connectors. If I plug any USB device into any of the other ports the shop up under the OpenHCD root hub.

No, I did not load the drivers from the cd. While I'm not sure why it puts my usb2.0 hub on the root hub for the usb1.1 controller, I did find something of interests.

Windows shows two USB controllers, one says enhanced blah blah and the other is OpenHCD and of course the Enhanced version is USB2.0. Guess what, both controllers are the same! Remove the openHCD and all usb becomes dead, the same goes for removing the enhanced version.

No wonder so many have usb problems on DFI boards, they built two damn usb controllers into one chip or companies are very stupid and can't seem to realize they should makle there USB2.0 contollers work backwards to 1.1 speeds on there own.

It is backwards compatible. You have to enable USB 1.1+2.0 in the BIOS. Also, use shadowing instead of the 640k base memory limit. I have no problems. Interestingly, the driver provider is listed as Microsoft, regardless of whether you install the drivers from the CD or not! :)

Back