• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2005 Vs 17

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

I am being forced into buying a new monitor because my old one is going towards a different family members PC. I am looking at the Dell 2005. I had a 17 inch MAG LCD and it was pretty good despite the name on it. Am I gonna se a big differnce between the 17 and the Dell 2005 when talking about size and performance ? Or I should I just get a 2405 and spend the extra, I just want to be apaled really....

Yeah, it's much wider than a 17", but if I am not mistaken it is the same height as a 17" LCD.

yes it is, right now i have a 2005 and a 1704 setup next to each other, i'll try to get a picture for you soon
I definently enjoy using the 2005 more, its brighter, more vivid, and oo the space
the multiple inputs also help, its very useful with my 360

if you have the money for the 2005 i would say its the better choice

Sorry, I see I didn't give any positive feedback on the monitor...lol. I have had a 2005FPW for about 3 months or so now and it is great. The monitor is bright, I have no problems with ghosting in games, everything is clear on this monitor, and you can get it for a good price when it goes on sale.

I agree with everyone. I just got my 2005 a few days ago and it's great. I made the move from a 19" CRT and I am very happy. I never really gamed before on a LCD so there were a few things that weren't as nice, but I know those are with all LCDs. The resolution of 1650x1080 is very nice and is bigger in every way from your 17" (1280x1024).

You might want to take into consideration if your PC can do the 1900x**** that the 24" asks for. For me the 2005fpw was just the right size.

You'll be happy... I went from a 19" CRT to a 19" LCD and noticed the increased screen space. Let us know how you like it! :D

Thanks for all the info guys !! I appreciate it, I am gonna buy the Dell 2005 as son as I see a good deal for it.

I went from a 17" Viewsonic VP171b to the Dell 2005FPW. The Dell is about the same height as the Viewsonic, but about twice as wide. It really is an outstanding monitor and you will definetely be blown away the first time you play a game on it.

Back