• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC access from another room?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Procharger

Does anyone know of an affordable, preferably wireless, way to be able to access a PC from another room while locating Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor in another room?

editted to add that I'd like to use the PCs resources for BF2 and other games

Last edited:
wireless not that i know. could run remote desktop if you have a computer in the room (could be wireless) or just run extentions.

side note hows that asrock for you i just ordered it with a 3200+

jmh547 said:
wireless not that i know. could run remote desktop if you have a computer in the room (could be wireless) or just run extentions.

side note hows that asrock for you i just ordered it with a 3200+

Well I love the ASRock motherboard so far but one warning is that you'll find yourself with a money pit because you'll start wanting a PCI-e graphics card then two 1gig sticks of ram and then you'll find yourself wanting to set up a RAID. So far my setup plays BF2 with little problem with exception of a network problem that's not its fault.

Thanks for the replies all. I had to edit my post because I want to use the PCs resources to play BF2 and my wireless router is giving me fits so I'd like to wire the PC to the router so I don't have slow down and connection issues from the router.

Maybe a KVM over ethernet connection? Basically, it takes the KB/Mouse/Monitor signal and merges it to a Cat5 connection, then splits it again. I'm not sure what kind of bandwidth you will be able to push for gaming though.

Back