• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDA X-mystique + Logitech Z-5500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheerz03

Registered
hi all

just got my x-mystique and is now connected wiv my z-5500 through optical toslink cable. However, i found that my Z-5500 says "No Digital Data" input. ive already switch it to optical. i can now hear gd sound when both gaming and music but any of the sound in windows shows a delay(i.e. MSN messenger pop up sound). im wondering why is tht happen? Any chance to solve the problem?

thx alot

Because the card cuts out the s/pdif output when there's no signal going out. When a sound is played it cuts back on but it takes your speakers a split second to recognize it and start decoding, by which point there is a small delay where you miss the first half second or so of sounds.

Because the card cuts out the s/pdif output when there's no signal going out. When a sound is played it cuts back on but it takes your speakers a split second to recognize it and start decoding, by which point there is a small delay where you miss the first half second or so of sounds.

all rite !! i get wht u mean !! is there any chance to get rid of this problem?

cheerz03 said:
all rite !! i get wht u mean !! is there any chance to get rid of this problem?

Not that I'm aware of. It's either with the cmi chipset itself or the drivers (it seems to occur regardless of brand of card) so it's possible a newer driver revision might resolve the issue.

Hrm. I'm using optical output from my x-mystique to a receiver and do not experience this problem. Try a driver update...

J.

juliendogg said:
Hrm. I'm using optical output from my x-mystique to a receiver and do not experience this problem. Try a driver update...

J.

wht driver version r u currently using!?

Not sure, i'll check it when i get home. I'm guessing it's your speakers that are cutting off when there is no input for a while. Perhaps my reciever does not behave the same way.

J.

cheerz03 said:
hi all

just got my x-mystique and is now connected wiv my z-5500 through optical toslink cable. However, i found that my Z-5500 says "No Digital Data" input. ive already switch it to optical. i can now hear gd sound when both gaming and music but any of the sound in windows shows a delay(i.e. MSN messenger pop up sound). im wondering why is tht happen? Any chance to solve the problem?

thx alot

Hey! I think i got a fix for you!! I did some googling on this, and it appears the x-mystique cancels output after inactivity just as stated above. However, if you go to the karaoke tab in the driver cpl, and enable it and check the mic box, it will give a constant signal to your logitechs without cutting out. Give that a shot and let me know if it works!

J.

juliendogg said:
Hey! I think i got a fix for you!! I did some googling on this, and it appears the x-mystique cancels output after inactivity just as stated above. However, if you go to the karaoke tab in the driver cpl, and enable it and check the mic box, it will give a constant signal to your logitechs without cutting out. Give that a shot and let me know if it works!

J.

Be warned that the Karaoke mode messes with the sound, though. It works by cutting out the midrange frequencies where the human voice lies so that's not necessarily what you want. You COULD just unmute your mike input. It's likely to pick up enough EM noise to produce SOME sort of signal. You could also plug an analog cable into the cdrom audio jack on the sound card (connected or not to a cdrom) and unmute the cd audio input in the mixer.

Back