• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram for a Laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey,

My friends laptop is a Compaq Presario 2100, Anthlon XP running at 1.8Ghz. It has 256 mb of ram and has trouble running like warcraft 3 and stuff. We think that if we put some more Ram in it will play Warcraft 3 decent. We arnt sure of the speed of this ram because cpuz doesnt show it. We can buy this
ram for only 99 bucks. We would take out this 256 and just run the 512. Or is it better to leave the 256 in and use the 512 also, but I heard running two sizes of ram is bad for performance.

What do you guys think?

:santa:

Thanks a lot, we were going for pc3200 but according to crucial it supports pc2100 instead.

Ty

2100 is just slower ram, it supports the 3200 too (it would just run at the slower speeds unless the laptop lets it run slightly faster its ddr266 vs ddr400 either will most likly perform he same. however if they are nearly the same price id get the 3200 so i could use it for laptops later on in life.

Back