• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eh.. Contact broken on UV CCFL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

princeofdarknes

Yeah.. i got a round UV Cold cathode and the wire was ripped out of its socket.
As in there is no wire sticking out of the bulb it broke flush with the glass, sry i dont have a camera to take a pic, but i'm sure you guys understand what the problem is.
Are there anyways of repairing this? because where ever i look round uv ccfl's are $10 and up, this one came with a blue uv fan and cost me like $8USD +shipp.
I dunno maybe having another fan around wouldnt be bad, but i still want to repair this CCFL.

Any ideas? I dont have any solder on hand, wish I did, but do you think if i put a little soldero on the wire and connect them it'll work?

thanx
-prince

Edit: no one? well i got a pic from a crappy camera if it'll help

Attachments

• Picture 007[1].jpg
    Picture 007[1].jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Fixed!!! that's $10 out of the hole!!!, it took a Ball of solder and a couple twist ties a tad of electrical tape and some hot glue, but its fixed and very bright. Just thought i'd let ya know for those of you who were wo ndering.
My first time with solder on something important and i'm satisfied. Found out that solder doesnt like to stick to anything but metal, that's why i had to cake it on.

Thanx for your time
-prince

Back