• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How High is Too High?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martinjon666

ok, i got 2 6600gt's in SLI, my temps at load are 36-40 and idle only is 32( i don't think the temp monitor can go below 32) my core is at 600 mem at 1.25, got a 3d05 score of 7748

But how high is too high? When am i likely to fry my cards? When should i say enough is enough and be happy with what i have?

Any input would be great.

Attachments

• 3d05-7748_640x480.jpg
    3d05-7748_640x480.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 84
Dude I get 60-65°C @ full load.Too high when you start seeing artifacts around the first 1-3 mins of playing a game.

40c load is a great temp (are they on water? If it's still stock cooling those temps are not right). If you search the forum a little you will see some member's video cards hitting 80c full load. That is too high! Personally I'd want to stay under 60c.

no i am on air cooling, got a couple of vf700-cu's for x-mas , then i took a dryer hose, mounted a 120 on the end , got my comp in a cabinet and piped the cold air from outside directly into the cabinet, my cpu idles at 20-22 and load at 30. this is a winter solution only, but at least i can enjoy it for about 5 months of the year:)

oh yeah, i am in idaho so all know it gets pretty cold up here, i used to keep my comp room windows open but my wife gets pretty mad when she has to bundle up to play on her computer, this hose thing works better anyways.

Back