• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8KHA+ and XP cpu users lets compare.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Placid

I am curious how much of a gain I would see if I changed from my 8K7A to a 8KHA+.
This is my score with a xp 1800+ at 148fsb X 11.5
Post yours please.
Set the memory benchmark options so the 3 sse tests are not disabled.

Hi Placid !

i have the same system than u and i'll post some benches but first i would like to know ur settings in bios for the ram, vcore, and everything i need to change... thx

Placid, here's my 8KHA+ and XP 1700 scores at 1650mhz (11x150fsb):

*edit*Gah how did you get yours so fast?

Last edited:
Thats very close to what I get.
I just put the cpu in and ran it, the memory at cas 2.
Your fsb is higher than mine and should make your score higher I think even thou your 52mhz lower.

Thanks for posting.

AthlonXP 1533@1700mhz (11.5*148)
My fpu is good but i get bad alu... why ??

sys9.jpg

Memory settings :
- Turbo
- Dram clock : 133mhz
- Sdram cycle : 2
- Bank interleave : 4
- Fast R.W Turn Around : enabled

here are some others benchs : :)

sys8.jpg
sys7.jpg

sys6.jpg

I like my new system ! :D

You know you can get that 3dmark score up to about 8200 with that system, and without major mods. If your interested PM me. ;)

I think it is real funny that all you guys are trying to make your memory speed look that much better using SSE option. You really should stick with the default benchmarks because that is the way to judge all boards, all processors across the spectrum. When you use SSE or MMX it skews the ultimate results. You need to disable or turn off that feature and just post a straight Memory bench that shows ALU instead of SSE or MMX.

Not all software takes advantage of those features, maybe the OS's too. Somebody who is in-the-know can weigh in about operating systems taking advantage of MMX or SSE. I read where the latest MS Media Player will recognize SSE instructions. But, is that player strictly coded to use SSE instructions only if an Intel cpu is recognized by the OS?

Back