• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a s370 upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
I have several PIII 1.333/256 socket370 chips that I thought I could use but have no use for. I got them from work so cannot sell them, but can donate them if anyone could use an upgrade. LMK via PM

If I'm going to build a farm it's just going to be P4's and Xeons, or I"d have a house full of PIIIs.

make sure you PM cw823 guys as he asked in his post ... I am sure he has far too many mod things going on to be checking here often :santa:

I have (6) Pentium III 1.333/256 chips that are available, as well as (1) Celeron 1200. Like I said, I cannot sell them, I can only give them away. PM me with your address and I'll figure out what snail mail will be.

AlabamaCajun said:
I have an ASUS CUSL2 board that might accept a tualatin. How much do you need to ship them! Are these non server chips?

Yes, non servers. If they were the 1.333/512 chips I'd order a couple dually boards and keep them all. :)

shellshock said:
I dont know if I qualfy since im under 18, but I have a 370 board laying in my room that I could stick one in

Only requirement is that you are breathing. :) First come first served, so if you want one, better drop me a PM!

I'd take one to throw in the Celeron1200 folding box but I don't have any pc133 memory to throw in it, I might be able to get some though, I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow if there's any left.

TazExtreme3 said:
I'd take one to throw in the Celeron1200 folding box but I don't have any pc133 memory to throw in it, I might be able to get some though, I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow if there's any left.

I may have some extra SDRAM laying around, PM me with what you need and I'll see what I can do (assuming you can't find some on your own).

TazExtreme3 said:
Ok, no luck in finding any memory, so YGPM

Taz, PM me tomorrow about the ram. I think I have a 256 MB stick of SDRAM at the house, but I'm not positive about it (I know that I ran across a spare 256 MB stick in a ram box, but I'm not positive if it's SDRAM or DDR right now). I'm presently at work on the rig but I get off tomorrow. If it is SDRAM, I'll let you have it for shipping. :)

ThePCGuy said:
VBall coach has a socket 370 board that would be nice for a chip. It looks like it needs a couple capacitors, but would make a nice little (possibly fanless) machine. Thread is here.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=424718

Picture, here.
http://users.rcn.com/nanikeala/ebay pics/board2.jpg

I wonder if one of these would work in a Slot 1 Slocket, on my Asus P3B-F? Actually, that and my Asus P2B.

Take care,
- Jim

they will work with a powerleap, or if the boards are 440bx based, you can mod a slocket. Here is a thread about it.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=67417

Thanks for the link, Although, if I were to do both boards, then I'd be left with two more Slot 1 unused cpus. Celeron 300A (fun chip), and a Pentium II 400 so far. Makes for some good reading though.

- Jim

I have a computer that I would like to try one of these with if I can find a slocket. If anybody has a link or knows of where I can find one, please PM me with the info.

discard my post about acquiring one of these. My parents are already complaining about the power bill, so I'm gonna go ahead and let these go to someone else that can keep them on and folding

thanks for the offer anyway!

cheers :thup:

All PMs replied to. Think I still have 2 or 3 unspoken for. Celly 1200 is spoken for, so just leaves a couple 1.333ghz PIIIs (256k)

Back