• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are AMD ever planning to use RDRAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

intel are now making sdram mobo's for p4 so is amd ever planning to manufacture rdram mobos for athlons ????
maybe a silly question but its in my head maaaan!

alisport said:
intel are now making sdram mobo's for p4 so is amd ever planning to manufacture rdram mobos for athlons ????
maybe a silly question but its in my head maaaan!

I hope never!!!! RDRAM is a scam. I never want to have to buy overpriced ram in pairs again, I had enough with the whole sim thing.

I think there was a rumor floating around about this but AMD was quick to shoot it down. I'll try and find it.

With Rambus being the idiots they are, I doubt AMD wants to deal with them.

Dual channel RDRAM is the one strength of the P4 - it gives that chip the bandwidth it needs and it's a reason why the P4 does so well in media encoding and other memory-intensive benchies. BUT if you look at results of benchies comparing P4X266 and i850, you'll see that P4X266/DDR comes pretty dang close.

I would have to say RDRAM + Athlon would be a powerful combo but I think DDR has the potential to be just as fast, and as such, we don't need no stinkin' Rambus... :)

SickBoy

LutaWicasa said:
No need for the same thread in two different forums. Please don't double post.

Man, that reminds me. When I first came here I posted the same topic in 4 different threads. It had to do with amd vs. intel so I figured I would post it in the amd mobos, intel mobos, amd cpus, and intel cpus section I didn't know which exact forum to put it in at that time. DaWhip caught me on it. Sorry for giving you such a hard time DaWhip. LOL :)

joey_rjm5 said:

Man, that reminds me. When I first came here I posted the same topic in 4 different threads. It had to do with amd vs. intel so I figured I would post it in the amd mobos, intel mobos, amd cpus, and intel cpus section I didn't know which exact forum to put it in at that time. DaWhip caught me on it. Sorry for giving you such a hard time DaWhip. LOL :)

1st thanks for the replies {except LutaWicasa}
in australia it isnt a problem of being too expensive anymore as all ram has dropped alot recently,and 256 rimms are widely available.
2ndly
i dont see the big problem with posting in 2 sections, as i first posted here and it took a while to get an answer so i figured i may have posted in the wrong section, so the fact that i feel that i havent really made a mistake then LutaWicasa can you mind your own business for when a real PROBLEM occurs!
reaaly though,no one else is complaining so please stop nit picking minor issues
thanks

alisport said:

in australia it isnt a problem of being too expensive anymore as all ram has dropped alot recently,and 256 rimms are widely available.
2ndly
i dont see the big problem with posting in 2 sections, as i first posted here and it took a while to get an answer so i figured i may have posted in the wrong section, so the fact that i feel that i havent really made a mistake then LutaWicasa can you mind your own business for when a real PROBLEM occurs!
reaaly though,no one else is complaining so please stop nit picking minor issues
thanks

No worries. I will be happy to ignore you and your rudeness in the future.:rolleyes:

alisport said:

2ndly
thanks

just to clear up his good intentions. He was simply trying to convey to you what is the right way to go in this forum. You should not double post and I believe that is in the forum guidlines. I agree it's not a real problem right now but if everyone started doing it(oh man i sound like a teacher or something)then it could be a problem. It's not an enforcement but a friendly reminder and try to take it as such. If you did post in the wrong forum then 99.9% of the time it will be moved by a moderator(especially if it's in one of shadow's boards ;)).

hey i do understand and ill leave it at that, i really feel i didnt get any responses [ it took a while thats all] so i figured i should try another category as i said earlier, but to be honest i was in a grumpy mood at the time and i took the wrong way,but i think a "LITTLE" tolerance will be appreciated as we are all human and are all bound to make a mistake in times,

sorry LutaWicasa for the flame up ,its rare that im like this.
but really lets be a community of friends as we are with common interests and look out for each other with wisdom as to not give a wrong impression as i got!

regards alisport

alisport said:
hey i do understand and ill leave it at that, i really feel i didnt get any responses [ it took a while thats all] so i figured i should try another category as i said earlier, but to be honest i was in a grumpy mood at the time and i took the wrong way,but i think a "LITTLE" tolerance will be appreciated as we are all human and are all bound to make a mistake in times,

sorry LutaWicasa for the flame up ,its rare that im like this.
but really lets be a community of friends as we are with common interests and look out for each other with wisdom as to not give a wrong impression as i got!

regards alisport

Good responce. No offence was meant, just forum rules. Remember tolerance is a 2 way street and we do get along well as a community. Best forum I belong to

Back