• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2 and an Opteron 165

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

Well, I could not help myself. I found a retail Opteron 165 for under $300 and decided not to gamble further on there availability. My Neo2 is capable of 300 HTT, so I should be able to get the maximum out of it. I don't pump a ton of voltage into CPU's, so if I can clock it at 2.5GHz at or near stock voltage I will be happy. It should be here on Tuesday. Now, I just hope this Neo2 doesn't decide to go belly up on me. If it does then ASRock here I come!

Oh, and in case you are wondering, my best friend has dibs on my golden Winchester. I will never be that lucky two CPU's in a row.

:clap: Congrats rich! I hope this opty does everything you want it to, and hell maybe more!

:beer: I say lets all have a drink to that one!

Thanks Jon. I was hoping to have it tomorrow, but I forgot today is a holiday. I'll have to wait till Wednesday and hopefully it will arrive. Today I did video editing most of the day. It would have come in handy.
Happy New Year, Jon. Cheers! :beer:

martinjon666 said:
:clap: Congrats rich! I hope this opty does everything you want it to, and hell maybe more!

:beer: I say lets all have a drink to that one!

I second that :beer:

Make sure post some results for us. :)

Thanks, and I will, Dustin. I hope to get some results of my old Winchester on the ASRock SATAII board as well. My friend will be picking one up and I'll be building that system sometime soon. Cheers! :beer:

good luck Rich!! And what are planning on doing with your golden 3000+ ? Are you keeping it?

evancold said:
good luck Rich!! And what are planning on doing with your golden 3000+ ? Are you keeping it?
The Golden Winchester goes to my best friend who got me started in computers. He'll get the ASRock board and will crank it up. I will be very curious to compare results with the Neo2. He's no big overclocker, but if will still do 9x280 at stock voltage I imagine he'll take it.

Yes, no problem calling me my name, Jame Gumb. Trust me, I have been called far worse. Thanks for the good wishes. I will report back when the the little treasure arrives.

Well, Henesse, we shall both know soon enough. Good luck with it.

Halo, I know of no reason why an Opti wouldn't work on a Neo4. It should be fine.

I wont know if im going to like mine atleat for another monther cause mines still in it box and im like 80 dollars short of getting the opteron

I have my Opty 165 ordered and was notified of its shipping today. I really hope it works out with my Neo 2 platinum and my Crucial Balistic 8t PC 3200 512MB memory. It will be interesting to see.

Jason

Mine should arrive today, so I'll be posting more later. Just for the record, I'm using the 1B Bios modified by Side effects. I actually think the 1A worked better, but I haven't reflashed it. What bios are you guys using right now?

I'm waiting with bad breath...I mean bated breath. Okay with both.:) It should be here in the next hour.

So Rich, I have seen you talking bad about MSI forever now. When is it going to be time to get rid of that Neo2??? Maybe I should start a thread "Rich, please get a new board" ..lol. I bet alot of people would support me on this one. :)

This would deprive me of my favorite thing to complain about. This might make me complain about my wife more, which would lead to fights at home and marital therapy. :eek: I'd better keep that Neo2 for the sake of my marriage.:D

We shall see how my patient survives the brain transplant today. That is the Neo2, not my wife.:)

Back