• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second hand motherboards- reliability promise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

papercutout

Second hand motherboards- reliability promise? and getting new mobo, advice needed

just wondering...
i'm changing my mobo, and am looking at DFI Lanparty's (the NFII Ultra B) or ABIT AN7 or NF7-S v2...
thing is, i'm socket A, and dont want to change for a while. These mobo's are nice, and very good for overclocking...
the DFI is most wanted in a way, for status, eg, i can say i have a lanparty!
but really, all are suitable...
you cant buy them new any more though, and i am wondering if it makes more sense buying them second hand when they have been reliable for the last owner.
i know the risk with the DFI's many have been bad, but if its been reliable for the last owner, does that mean its more likely to be so for me too?
i dont want to kill my cpu either...
does the past reliability actually make it a good buy?
thanks guys

just to add: any one know what the Abit KV7-V or KV7 is like in comparison?
adding again: i read in a review of the NF7 V2 that it doesn't support althlon XP2800's.... that'd be really annoying for me, and mean i cant get it... anyone found this? is so, please yell and say, before i buy one anyway, cos they are going cheap!

Last edited:
Back