• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

41/44 pt Gromacs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Man... I been getting these things left & right. :bang head

I'm using one click / -adv & even tried w/o adv on a borg & still get 'em

A64 / XP 2.xxGHZ machines.

Even my Borgs @ have got one or I believe.

& these things fold like a QMD sneakernetted. :shrug:

You guys getting them too?

EDIT: OMG I just sent a QMD and got a Gromac worth 33 pts.....

:bang head :bang head

Last edited:
I've been getting these p7xx_vln/p9xx_vil series off and on for the last few weeks, more on than off. I've been running no adv w/BPs on, but that's the magic settings for me to secure RIBOs... so I'll deal with the small work while waiting for the RIBOs.

I also haven't seen any p147x/p1481 in months. I used to obtain those w/adv & BPs on. But they dried up for me and I immediately obtained RIBOs after losing the advmethods.

I don't believe I have gotten one of these yet (didn't check my rigs while at work today), but it might be like the tinker situation. It seemed that everybody was getting them around Christmas, and you getting the low point gromacs might be similar. :shrug:

Server .128 came back up yesterday. My -adv/big rig picked up a p1481 immediately thereafter. It seems the AS logic is to stick on server .138 once you get assigned to it. You might try dropping bigpickets for one WU. See if that doesn't get an assignment from a diffferent work server. Whatever you do on your AMD rigs, DO NOT turn on the -advmathods flag........

I want all the p1481s for myself. :D

Of note, p1140 and p1141 have dropped off the psummary page. In all likely hood they're finished.

My last 5 WUs have been of the 7xx flava.... :-\

Might try to get on another server here later today when I gots the time....

I guess all I had to do is say something... :D My XP-M w/adv & BPs picked up a p1481 last night. Moved it over to my 170 this morning. That machine must be cherry picking :D ...that's a large DGro and a p1481 its picked up back-to-back. Woot!

harlam357 said:
I guess all I had to do is say something... :D My XP-M w/adv & BPs picked up a p1481 last night. Moved it over to my 170 this morning. That machine must be cherry picking :D ...that's a large DGro and a p1481 its picked up back-to-back. Woot!

:mad: ..........

:p ... guess i better get my xp-m up and going... hopefully get some good stuff....

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pist off.

I had a QMD going good, then the wife came home & wanted her Celly to herself....

so I shut down the qmd & started it later... :D well, after restarting it,
EMI reported it as a 450 pointer / not 600. (which it was all along.)

So I let it finish up last night, np. & DL another.

Getting on the stats page, it shows only a couple
of 30-40 pointers during that time frame!!!

Where TF did my QMD go?!?!?!?!?!

:cry: :p

I hope it didn't dump for some reason. :shrug:

WarriorII said:
MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pist off.

I had a QMD going good, then the wife came home & wanted her Celly to herself....

so I shut down the qmd & started it later... :D well, after restarting it,
EMI reported it as a 450 pointer / not 600. (which it was all along.)

So I let it finish up last night, np. & DL another.

Getting on the stats page, it shows only a couple
of 30-40 pointers during that time frame!!!

Where TF did my QMD go?!?!?!?!?!

:cry: :p

I hope it didn't dump for some reason. :shrug:

Check the config and log files.... ???

I had that happen already uploaded without a team or username due to editing the config with wrong program.

I'm tickled pink as long as the WU wasn't trashed... keeps you from getting too far away.... :p

Over 8,000 now, as of lunch. :D

Missed more points by like 5 minutes being posted (12 noon :( )

so they should show up @ the 3:00pm update.

Hey ChasR,

How do I get assigned a server? or change servers - pick one myself?

:shrug:

I thought it was random draw?

WarriorII said:
Hey ChasR,

How do I get assigned a server? or change servers - pick one myself?

Ha! there's an art to that...more like stalking a server. I've not done it(yet) but some of the other members have experience...

:cool:

I've been getting hit with the same thing. Most are 46 points. Not really much fun. But, I'm still doing alright. Just need to get my stuff back up and running. I ran into a finicky onboard nic on my Epox 8rda+. Found the issue, dead bios battery. Battery was putting out 2.5V and never registered as low in the cmos. New battery (3.2V) and the network card can pickup DHCP addresses again. Also took the AXP 1700+ in that one from 1.47 to 1.67 for awhile, and from there to 2Ghz (11x200). I need to take the voltage up to 1.7 I think to make it 100% stable. But it was running fine at default 1.65V, then I blue screened in a major battle of Total Annihlation.

- Jim

Man, I ramble a lot :)

Edited for humor/space...

ThePCGuy said:
Lots and lots of rambling.....

- Jim

Man, I ramble a lot :)
:p

Good to keep us up to date on what's going on though....

might have to put -advmethods back on for a WU so I can try to get another server... :)

:D

You guys are great. :thup:

Just the info I needed, when I needed it.

:attn:

My qmd machine@ work is sucking up the 78.cores now. :(

Back