• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 23Oct20: Back from the living. Head high. No mention of 69

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Torin has reached 6 BILLION!!!!! All bow and pay respects…. in cash. ?????

If you work in IT/IS, perhaps you too are seeing this. As our departments work to get closer to a new normal work load, our work load has increased drastically. I work for a Court system and they reduced the case load to the most extreme cases. All others were released on bail if they were non-violent. Now the Courts need to catch up on the backlog but they don’t want everyone involved in the case to be in the same room. We have been setting up telecommuting and remote access and VPNs. We have been hosting Zoom/YouTube meetings to comply with the Open Meetings Act and upgrading all of our infrastructure to deal with all of this. Busy busy busy. We are also starting to see COVID in our actual ranks. This is causing us to split our IS group into other buildings to reduce physical contact. Let us know what new things you’re working on

Team Conquest/Threat List

PC Games Hardware6.5 monthsdownfrom 8.2 months.
SLAC9.9 monthsdownfrom 1.2 years.
Taiwan Team1.1 yearsupfrom 8.8 months.
Compute Canada1.8 yearsdownfrom 1.9 years.
Heise Falter 2.8 yearsdown from ?????
It really is starting to feel like the other teams are tripping over each other to pass us. That can’t be good is it? Maybe. I don’t know. It’s nice to see the science though. We’re still looking good. With the number of people we field, there is no shame in being passed. Every one of those teams would look at us with great respect. I know I do. Heads high chaps.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week10176th 1.48 million.
2 weeks ago10374th 1.59 million.
3 weeks ago10979th 1.36 million.
4 weeks ago9979th 1.34 million.
5 weeks ago9878th 1.27 million.
6 weeks ago9979th 1.26 million.
7 weeks ago10177th 1.26 million.
9 weeks ago10483rd 1.22 million.
10 weeks ago10778th 1.17 million.
We are doing what we do best. Stable solid production. 101 active members. 1.5 million ppd average per user. Can’t ask for better. Well…. No. Can’t ask for better. While folding is popular, we are getting our collective asses handed to us but we keep slugging through. When the other teams lose interest, and they will, we will take out spots back. We’ve done it before and we WILL do it again. Eat that other teams! YEAH! Eat it!

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK19.06 million.
2WhitehawkEQ12.49 million.
3torin310.72 million.
4orion4567.99 million.
5OrbitalCat7.34 million.
6JrClocker6.75 million.
7Maviryk6.46 million.
8dfonda6.36 million.
9Computekinc6.06 million.
10superducky5.50 million.
11TC5.32 million.
12DarkWarrior4.09 million.
13don256us3.78 million.
14OSUmaxx3.60 million.
15BigBlockk3.33 million.
16P4EE3.04 million.
17aviationfrk2.47 million.
17harlam3572.69 million.
18ottoaxel2.18 million.
19payj941.88 million.
20darkknight1871.81 million.
21hshtick1.81 million.
22gulp35 (Hmmmm… did he just predict the number of 1 million+ ppd?)1.60 million.
23Travis4Sutton1.43 million.
24JLK03F1501.35 million.
25Gnerma1.27 million.
26Lochekey1.26 million.
27Pitter981.26 million.
28AndrewThomasThomas1.19 million.
29NiteSmoker1.17 million.
30AVG1.14 million.
31Tom Ozahoski1.13 million.
32Slorch1.08 million.
33IAmMoen1.05 million.
34rpkole1.02 million.
35davekusa1.01 million.
35. 35! 35…… Wow. Just wow.

Week after week. It’s been great to see our top guys maintain a steady production level. Whitehawk and Torin have been supplying some fun with a battle for the #2 spot but most ppd is steady. Going lower in the list guys like myself falter from time to time. It only takes one of my few machines to falter to have a drastic point drop. Even among guys like myself, we’re holding strong. It’s really been nice to see every week. Good job guys. It’s also been nice to see the big point increase thanks to NVidia’s driver update. A big thank you to them for doing that. Hopefully AMD will catch the drift and do something too.

T32 Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up 10 spots each:
OrbitalCat @ #69 Did you do that on purpose?!

Moving up 3 spots each:
Maviryk @ #21

Moving up 2 spots each:
davekuse @ #54
AVG @ # 95
NiteSmoker @ # 99 and breaking into the top 100! WOOT!

Moving up 1 spot each:
OSUmaxx @ #36
rpkole @ #41
BigBlockk @ #44
Gnerma @ #88
darkknight187 @ #91
Pitter98 @ #93

World Top 200:
Times are especially tough on these guys since Stanford started including COVID into the mix. Cheers guys.

HayesK#35
Macaholic #39MAC ARE YOU OK? I’m not giving up here.
WhitehawkEQ#59
HayesK#66
P4EE#90
orion456#120
RamonetB#136
torin3#137
RoXQI3x#141
JrClocker#142

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Where ever we go that's where we will be.

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Thank you!

You know, I'd buy 2 3080 cards right now if I could find a place that had them in stock for close to SRP.

Torin, a sincere congratulations on your 6 billion+. I’d be happy to give you a run for your points with just one 3080 if I could get one. Lol
Good luck to both of us with our planned upgrades!!! :cheers:

I too am looking at "a" 3080. Every 10 minutes like clockwork. (Not really) But I do look a lot even though I know it will be early next year for honost supply. I am on the list for an EVGA since last month so.... Maybe? Aparently, EVGA has a list. As stock is availible, they send a note to each person on the list for the number they have availible. E.G. 100 cards for sale, 1st 100 get an email. You have something like 8 hours to replay and if you don't, that unit goes to the next person on the list. This might mean that by 2032 I can get one? lol I'm just having fun thinking about getting one in the same way I have fun thinking I'll win the lottery.

I plan on replacing 6 of my 1080's with 3 3080's "WHEN" I'm able :rofl: I'm on EVGA's list and Newegg's list as well.

[Don256us] Whitehawk and Torin have been supplying some fun with a battle for the #2 spot but most ppd is steady.

Unless Torin gets his upgrade(s), he will continue to eat my dust :rofl::rofl::chair:

I think that he's only a 2080 away from you. First one to a 3080 will make the other suffer. ;)

Struggling a bit lately - one of the machines I run is a 24 core workstation that folds in between its 'real' work, but there don't seem to be many WUs around for that number of cores lately. Contemplating switching to 2 x 12 but I'm aware this will knock the bonus a bit, but would be better than nothing.

The old 12-core workstation keeps crashing - I think due to bad RAM. It's old enough that I'm unsure whether to replace the RAM or to just ditch it. To be honest, it's not really been used very much for it's 'real' job for a while, after they upgraded the HPC cluster at work.

EDIT: Looking at late Nov./early Dec. for a new build. Definitely a Ryzen 5xxx but still undecided on GPU.

The new AMD GPU lineup looks promising. Now we have to wait on their reviews and PPD tests.

Yeah, and it looks like there might be some headroom left in the chips for manufacturers who want to tweak it and/or push more volts through it.

Breezy rain (not even Tropical Storm) Zeta has knocked the power off in my neighborhood this morning and GA Power is estimating Monday for a restore. Good luck Maviryk, hope you get back to normal soon.

Sorry to hear that you guys are having to recover from the storm(s). Stay healthy and we'll see your points when we see them.

Apologies folks, was stuck in Hawaii and my instructions to my dad to rest the ubiquiti systm were apparently not enough. Getting back online now.

Apologies folks, was stuck in Hawaii and my instructions to my dad to rest the ubiquiti systm were apparently not enough. Getting back online now.

Wright up a check list so next time anyone can follow to get your system up and running again :)

edit: Wish I could be stuck in Hawaii :rofl:

Turns out Spectrum was down for 48+ hours !!!! in my area after the Tropical Storm came through, so it wasn't his fault and wouldn't have mattered anyway lol

Back