• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered an eVGA 6800GS AGP card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalivos

Can't wait for it to get here. But just as an advance notice so I know what to expect - What are your average temps, and what are the chances of unlocking the pipes and shader? I know it's luck of the draw, but has anyone not been able to unlock them?

They unlocked for me no problem. Had artifacts(TW2006) and hi temps. Ordered a better gpu heatsink and fan(Should be here Mon). Took the card back to default, I may not even try to cool it better because evga has the 90 day buy back program.Depends on whether I can return it to its stock heatsink. I think I will just send it back to them.Found I can get better performance from just an overclock but again my card gets too hot.

EDIT: Ok seems my problem was the PCI fan underneath moved it down a couple spots and it seems my temps are better 58c to 68c under load.

Last edited:
I got the evga 6800 gs, It runs about 52 idling and under load about 62 during bf2.

Stock 3dmark03 was 9300.
Pipes unlocked 10500.
Pipes unlocked and oced to 400, 1100 = 11503
My old 5700 ultra scored a 4004.

Needless to say my pc is bottlenecking somewhere and im ****ed.

2.4 p4
1 gig, 2x256,1x512 <---prolly the problem.
6800 gs

I am pulling this proc and buying me a abit mobo and hopefully i can get some betternumbers. The highest i have seen my temp is 74 degrees on my vid card and that was on 3dmark05 and i didnt let it finish and it still gave me a score of 4700ish.

My temps are around 40c idle maybe gets up to 56-58 during games and if i'm trying to kill the card it gets to about 61 (see sig for the OC) i am using the PCIE version tho

eVga's warranty allows you to change the hsf, so read their policy on the 90 day buy back guarantee and see what it says. Also those pipes are still gonna artifact with a better cooler, so if you're hoping to get them working, try returning it for another, say it's just running to hot and you want a new one.

Back