• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do computers know theyre getting replaced?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

god i swear mine does, its been fine untill i look at new hardware and then all of a sudden i cant get back into windows because of blue screening or hard locks....finally i am able to log into windows but i thought this was odd because i started looking more closely at new hardware today and i shut my computer off after i was done and back on and had this problem.

now ok i know they dont know but dont you think its odd?

i'm running a 2400+ on a DFI Ultra Infinity: 225FSB * 10.5 = ~2365Mhz 1.975 - 2.000V cpu, 1.70V chipset, 2.80V ram.

now with that in mind and the blue screening, and keep in mind also i have been running this speed for oh about 2 years now same speed, whats wrong wiht it?

just getting toast? never gets above 46C playin games which the the hardest thing i do with it.

I swear mine must. When I started building Navi, my laptop that had been flaky all along suddenly started working fine.

I'm looking to put in a new graphics card (actually have a replacement, just need to find time to install it), and my monitor is going on the fritz.

What is the error message (can you see the BSOD long enough to get it jotted down)?

Lol. I think my motherboard knew I was mad at it cuz it wouldn't do what i wanted it to do. So on the 25th day after purchasing it. it decided to kill itself. and then it wouldn't turn on. how pleasant.

so whats the BSOD displaying?

I snuck up on mine, it never saw me coming, traded it for alaptop and bough a new desktop. But I sent it to a good home so I don't feel bad :p

this mother ****ers getting replaced hard core, got an error involving flash 8 now, crap i cant rember what i said before but each errors different, win32.sys, page fault in non paged area (the dumb one) they are the ones i rember usually involve ram timings but that doesent help now.

doesent matter i was going to bulid a new system when i get my refund or get a new job, which ever comes first.

i was going to last year, some situations prevented, got a SLI modable DFI NF4 ultra D still but thats it, gonna get an opteron, 7800gtx (512meg) and 2 gigs of ram to go with it, thats the base of the new system other than that i dont know what i am gonna get specificly. i make a rule to double up on what i can so i can ride it as long as i rode this one

i hate to double post but something new, whats it mean when a computer hard locks and emits a screechy statitcy sound from the speakers?

it make the sound weither a noise is being purposely made or not

To answer your initial question, yes, it does know. Contrary to traditional Western thought, everything is alive. Native Americans have always known this so, careful what you say to your computer or any other "inanimate" object. ;)

macs know, the macs at my work can be tempermental little ********. half of the servers that i went to upgrade from OS 9 to OS X fought me nearly every step of the transition. they didn't want to leave the crappiness that is OS 9.2.2 and some of their system folders exploded to thawrt my efforts...but they're on X now haha...i won dammit.

...and the servers have been more stable these past couple of years then they've ever been, they knew it was good for them. servers are our friends.

Niku-Sama said:
i hate to double post but something new, whats it mean when a computer hard locks and emits a screechy statitcy sound from the speakers?

it make the sound weither a noise is being purposely made or not
I have gotten that tons of times, both on my current rig, and on my old Abit NF7-S. The worst thing is when you have headphones on while gaming and it does it... first of all, it scares the living crap outa ya, and secondly, you go deaf for a good 5min.

ugh i am an idiot, its just my ram....being anal about which slot its in, despite being a matched pair aparently it does matter which stick goes in which socket

my computer doesnt care when i look at new parts because it knows that im a poor cheap teenager with a job that doesnt even constitute as semi-part time (even though it pays ten dollars an hour and i work ten hours everytime i work)...or well i guess it kind of does because i was seriously thinking about just dismantling it and selling the crappy parts over ebay, scrounging up what cash i had and building a new one and then it gave ME the "page fault not in paged area 0x000000000000x0000x0x0000050 (or whatever god too many zeros and x's) too...luckily that ****ed over whatever graphics overclocking (and by whatever i mean not much) i had done on this shiiiiiitty PCI radeon 9250...ugh i should really just get a REAL job....thatd make me more money...i think? lol ya those page fault in nonpaged area errors can be a pain in the arse.........

I reckon mine does. I was looking at knew graphics cards and it starting BSODing saying something about the nvidia driver.
I've heard this is a PSU issue but its never done it before.

Odd, I was shopping for parts online so i could finish building my lan rig and my main rig starting running faster. Maybe my pc is lonely and wants to "integrate" with another pc? Would be awesome to come home and a litter of shuttles crowded around my computer!!!

I began to make out with my girlfriend by my computer the other day, and my computer said, "Oh, I see... so you don't like kissing me anymore."

My gf then ran outa the room frightened, and I gave my computer a hug and apologized.

g0dM@n said:
I began to make out with my girlfriend by my computer the other day, and my computer said, "Oh, I see... so you don't like kissing me anymore."

My gf then ran outa the room frightened, and I gave my computer a hug and apologized.
Hahahahahah, Did you tell her she'd like it too if she had robot lips?

Of course computers know that they are going to get replaced, although being computers, they are supposed to be logic minded. When a computer is about to get replaced, it will take the most logical solution which would be to terminate itself as it is no longer useful. However in heavily overclocked situations, computers, like meth addicts, can often become paranoid, tempermental, and irrational little devils. Which is why I am still waiting for prozac for computers. We must medicate them to regulate them...

AAAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Way to funny to read at work...for some reason I keep thinking of the robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Back