• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ultra-d and xp120?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

I've seen somewhere that ram might be a pain to put in but will work so i dont mind.
but on the thermalright website it says itll block out pcie slot 1???????
Anyone have some experience with this?
will orientation fix it?
i sure hope so :\
If not guess ill sell the xp-120 with the intel rig :\

darufe said:
I've seen somewhere that ram might be a pain to put in but will work so i dont mind.
but on the thermalright website it says itll block out pcie slot 1???????
Anyone have some experience with this?
will orientation fix it?
i sure hope so :\
If not guess ill sell the xp-120 with the intel rig :\

the xp 120 mounts fine on the ultrad with pipes facing down towards the pci-e slots, just dont go out and buy those stupid tall overpriced corsair stix with loose as timings, they are too tall, all other memory stix fit nicley.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b6/Rattle77/?action=view&current=IMG_1584.jpg

the xp120 is over rated, the xp90 matches it on a dual core/single core amd and I have found solutions as inexpensive as $18 that are just as good if you dont mine modding a bit.

I recently purchased 2 amd x2 stock heatsink fans cuz they cool just as good as the overrated and overpriced solutions that are pushed and peddled like drugs everywhere lol

oh im not buying a xp120 its from my old rig...
next cooling setup will be water or chilled water or phase no more of this noisy annoying air for me :p
im ordering an opty and it already comes with a good heatpipe cooler anyway i think?
ill test both and see if theres any diff

im just waiting for a confirmation that this old pos system is sold and the opty 165 + dfi ultra d and ocz ddr500 2gig kit is on its way via express shipping YA BABY :D

darufe said:
im just waiting for a confirmation that this old pos system is sold and the opty 165 + dfi ultra d and ocz ddr500 2gig kit is on its way via express shipping YA BABY :D

it blocks the first pci-e slot but who uses it anyway?
i think its the pci-e 4x slot, your vido card will fit fine.

Last edited:
Back