• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock dual SATA capacitor missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

I made a mistake posting this thread in general AMD mobo. sorry for double posting. but....
The photo below shows a brown smc right next to black cap. My mobo is missing this small cap. It looks as thu. it was pulled off. The board works fine.
I am wondering whether it was pulled off accidentally while installing/uninstalling the mobo, or was factory pulled off for some reason.
would you check your board and see if yours pulled off or is there?
If factory pulled off, I am going to find a similar one and solder it there and see if it effects anything. I have a feeling it would effect overclocking.

http://www.allround-pc.com/bv.php?image=reviews/05154/images/a2.jpg
021420060422084oa.jpg

If you mean that one on the left of the text "DDR400" between the other capacitators, I don't have that one either. a lot of stuff is missing on this mobo tho.. if you look

Franke said:
If you mean that one on the left of the text "DDR400" between the other capacitators, I don't have that one either. a lot of stuff is missing on this mobo tho.. if you look
No i am pointing to it w/ arrow. its a small brown surface mount capacitor.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and soldered one there. found a cap from an old mobo, and thanks god didn’t fry anything. I don’t know if it’s the same capacity or not but board works good. I either received the board like that or must have accidentally knocked it off during numerous in/outs.
just because it was located in vicinity of mem slots, I checked the vdimm before soldering the cap, and vdimm was fluctuating quite a bit. Now vdimm only fluctuates ~ .025 and not as often.

Back