• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Recommendation..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OC]Lucifer

What do you all recommend for case fans that offer the most CFM's per db... or bang for the buck in essence? I need two high performance yet very quiet 120mm's for my stealth modded Antec case.

i would say the Sflex fans offer the best cfm to noise ratio but they are quite expensive. If you are on a budget, go for the YL. If you are buying two, then it might be cheaper here

Also consider that the s-flex fans have an insane lifespan. It's not like they're going to need replacing. I have 2 coming in the mail and if you can wait a couple days I can review my experience with them.

I got the s-flex fans installed a few minutes ago and just now tried them out. My initial impression is that the are just ok. The main benefit of owning them is probably the 150,000 lifespan, assuming this number is accurate. This might be an unpopular opinion but the truth is the best all around fans for the price that I've tried are probably the Compusa brand Mad Dog turboflow 120mm. They do 100cfm at 32dba(probably lies) according to the specs on the back of the package. Exagerated claims aside, these are the fans I keep going back to every time I buy something new and supposedly better and realize I already had something better in the mad dogs. It could be a limitation of the sunbeam rheobus that causes noise in the other fans, I'm not sure. You might try the yate loon fans people are suggesting but I have never tried them myself. They have the same noise level as the s-flex fans I just bought at 28dba which is loud in my opinion. In the end you can't have performance and quiet because even if the fan is silent the rushing air will be loud. I know the turboflows undervolt well and have high performance at max speed. Plus they cost $4 less than panaflo or s-flex. :shrug:

The Mad Dog 120mm fans are actually Yate Loons. I've been very pleased with the Whisperfan (sleeve bearing version) as a very quiet intake running at 5V.

Here's a comparison of S-Flex fans to several other quiet 120mm fans. They agree that the S-Flex are nothing special.

Good lookin out dfrost. Do you know if all mad dog fans are yate loons? I have the ones with ball bearings called turboflow.

No, they aren't all Yate Loons. I can only speak to the 120mm and sleeve bearing 92mm. I believe that 92mm is made by Dynatron,judging by the shapes of the plastic elements. I have several sleeve bearing 120mm Whisperfans which use plastic bits identical to my Yate Loon-sourced Nexus and every picture I've seen of a 120mm YL. The Internet picture of the ball bearing version also looks the same.

The specs for the Whisperfan are close, but not identical to a Yate Loon D12SM-12.

Back