• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga trade up program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilT

does anyone know anything about it. My friend said if you will send the card to them they would send you the current core thats out for free. Can anyone conferm this? :shrug:

no, you must request the step up from EVGA withing 90 days of purchase of the card. once you request it you will be given a chance to step up to a better card and pay the difference. so if your bought a evga 7800gt for 300 and wanted the gtx thats 459, then you would pay 159 dollar difference. you have to ship them your card first and payment and then they will ship you the new card once the old one is recieved

liftedcj7on44s said:
no, you must request the step up from EVGA withing 90 days of purchase of the card. once you request it you will be given a chance to step up to a better card and pay the difference. so if your bought a evga 7800gt for 300 and wanted the gtx thats 459, then you would pay 159 dollar difference. you have to ship them your card first and payment and then they will ship you the new card once the old one is recieved
Ok thanks

EVGA's MSRP is ridiculously high compared to popular e-tailer prices, yet the cost of stepping up is still a bit cheaper than just buying a new card.

This has to depend though... well, if you have unlimited bank account and always wants the latest technology, then the EVGA trade up program will work for you. I think the best time this program works is when the demand is so high, supply is extremely low and the retailers are selling the cards above MSRP.

If the retailers are selling the cards above MSRP, you can always check out EVGA.com, since they always sell cards for MSRP.

And the cards do go out of stock at EVGA.com :/

This is not to be confused with what some card manufacturers due during an RMA. Say you bought an eVGA Ti4600 back in the day, and it dies... you send it to them, and they'll almost always send you back either a 6800GT/X or a 7800GT/X. This is a form of stepping-up, and it works this way simply because it's cheaper for them to send you a card they currently make then for them to try and find you a four year old videocard to send you. Many people found this out when their 5900XTs died and they were sent 6800GTs (back in the GeForce 6 days).

With that being said, it is largely dependant on their inventory... if you have a 6200, and it dies, and they happen to have some 6200s lying around, they'll send you a 6200 instead of the Uber1337F@$t 7300. ;)

They sent me a used 7800gs, when I stepped up from a 6800gs. It came with no antistatic bag a bent bracket and not suprisingly D.O.A. It will be the last time I buy anything from them. D.O.A. I could except but not when it was claerly a used card.

Not sure how they could send you a "clearly used" card that just was released 2 weeks ago.

I bought my 7800GT from newegg and it didn't come with an antistatic bag. The shell is more than enough protection. It's just possible it got packaged wrong and the bracket got bent. Unless you see dust, some artic silver 5 dripping and a sticker that says OMG1337 on it, I highly doubt that it's used.

well, techincally, you won't really know if they sent you a brand new card. It could be a refurbished card. Base on the warranty, they only need to replace it with an identical card. It never said it has to be a brand new card.

Base on what I'm hearing, I think it could be due to bad packaging.

rolla94 said:
this is still way better than ati's trade in thing they have

no, its $50 for your old video card, nothing specific, so stock up on some ATi Mach 64 1mb pci cards, or anything thats like 5 for $1, =]

dfonda said:
They sent me a used 7800gs, when I stepped up from a 6800gs. It came with no antistatic bag a bent bracket and not suprisingly D.O.A. It will be the last time I buy anything from them. D.O.A. I could except but not when it was claerly a used card.

Sorry to hear you received a bad card i just ordered one. I have seen allot of bad thing from evga now that I'm paying attention.

I bought my 7800GT from newegg and it didn't come with an antistatic bag. The shell is more than enough protection. It's just possible it got packaged wrong and the bracket got bent. Unless you see dust, some artic silver 5 dripping and a sticker that says OMG1337 on it, I highly doubt that it's used.

Trust me if you saw this card you would see that it had been used. I didn't think any one would even question my sincerity.
But if you know the Evga's they have a plastic film on the evga paint on the heatsink/fan. The one on the card I got had been peeled off crumpled a bit then put back on in a very clear non factory way.

The bent bracket could not have been bent in the package, or the package or plastic would have shown damage.

No they got this card back from somewhere...did not check it and sent it right out. :(

I have had D.O.A. cards from other Companies and have had no hard feelings, but this was just plain bad.

Last edited:
Back