• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I am running an Opty 165. I am trying to retest it for Prime95 stability. It can run 2 instances of Shared Core Prime Small FFT for 24 hours. This stresses both core both each core with work on each Prime running.

When I set Sp2004(New version of Prime95) to no affinity so that each core is loaded speratly the Core initalized first will just crash.

For instance I was at 295x9 = 2665mhz. I ran 2 instances of Prime95(Sp2004) and started core 0 first. The Prime on Core 0 just crashed after 28 minutes while Core 1 ran for 7 hours untill I stopped it.
Then I again with the computer set at 285x9 = 2565mhz. I ran 2 instances again with no affinity set and I started the Sp2004 on Core 1 first. Core 1 crashed (by crash I mean Sp2004 does not report and error but the program freezes and stops loading the core) after 1 hour and 20 minutes and Core 0 ran for 4 hours untill I stopped it.

I have no Idea why a different core would fail based on which Prime gets started first. I am running a DFI nf4-D.
HTT = 295/285
LDT = 3x
LDT Voltage = 1.4
vCore = 1.52
vNbridge = 1.7
Memory = 189 mhz Highest (It is not the problem I think. Memtest Ran for 7 hours without an error)
Divider = 133

Any Ideas?

Turns out that Sp2004 was the problem. Ran 2 instances of pure Prime95 and both ran for 3 hours and 40 minutes without a crash.

I know I've been using Sp2004 quiet a bit so I'll just try Prime95 and see if it will work out at higher speeds.

Well that results didn't take long lol crashed at 2.7Ghz where I was hitting my wall before.

What version of Sp2004 are you running? I got V0.30 with the Mersenne Number Tests Ver.23.8.1

Have you had any success with such high ldt and nbridge voltages? As in, did your clock noticeably increase or do you just max those out just in case? I just run the version distributed by the people who wrote the software to begin with.

Im not sure If it did anything. I kept increasing all voltages because Sp2004 kept failing at speeds. Now that I know that Sp2004 was the problem Im probably going to drop all the voltages down.

Back